“My favorite lunch place”
Review of Sweet Basil Bistro

Sweet Basil Bistro
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've only been for lunch and never had to wait. The service is always good and the food is better. I love their house salad and pasta with homemade sausage! The best.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Delicious. The bread the sauce they give you at the beginning is my favorite. The service is WONDERFUL. At other places we've been to in Big Bear that wasn't the case so the awesome service and being treated nicely was definitely a nice change. We went here the last night of our trip which made me sad because if i had gone sooner, i would have been there EVERY night!!

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Melissa was a great server and the food was fantastic. The best place in Big Bear for sure. Call easily for reservations as they are always full.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

High hopes based on prior reviews, but overall experience was pretty poor. Made reservation...arrived a little early...sent away as there was no "waiting room"...came back at reserved time, waited another hour to be seated...food and service were both pretty bad...donuts and root beer float were highlight of the night.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is our second trip to Sweet Basil Bistro. The first trip was last Christmas and it was crowded with teenagers making lots of noise so we could not do a fair review.
This year I had the special veal chop and it was very good. My wife had the Mac N Cheese which was suppose to be a old family recipe. She felt this was not freshly prepared the day we were there. The service was very good and we will also try again next year.

1  Thank USMC178