“Summer Fun!”

Alpine Slide at Magic Mountain
More attraction details
Owner description: Year round family recreation area. The Alpine Slide attraction is California's only authentic bobsled ride. Take a scenic chairlift ride to the top, then hop on a specially designed sled and control your own speed down a 1/4 mile long track. In the summer enjoy our refreshing double Water Slide and in the winter tube on our Snow Play hill with Magic Carpet uphill lift. We also offer Go-Karts and an 18 hole miniature golf course. Our newly renovated building has plenty of indoor seating and an expanded snack bar. An outdoor patio, Water Slide deck and many grass areas allow for plenty of relaxing. Parents pay only if you play!
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We've been to the Alpine Slide in the winter, and the kids had just as much fun in the summer! We didn't do the water slide, but we tried the go-karts and miniature golf. Our two boys, ages 3 & 6 were more than pleased with their extra-long go-kart ride, and the adults even had lots of fun! The mini-golf course doesn't have a ton of "bells and whistles", but for the price with the karts, it just couldn't be beat! We will definitely be back more this summer, and may even end up trying the horseback riding!!

2  Thank missamiann
in 3 reviews
"all ages"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We purchased the Alpine slide tix thinking we were just going on the lift, we soon realized that we would be coming down a different route, on the slide! It was pretty fun, you can go fast or slow. Loved the scenic views on the way lift up and on the slide down.

5  Thank Ashley N
Reviewed May 27, 2013

It's worth the money. It's fun for adults and kids. We bought five rides for $20. One ride is $5, so it's worth it to buy the five rides.

I went down once and my husband went down once and my daughter went down three times. She would have gone done more, but we only bought five rides. It's bumpy, but fun. You can control your speed.

If there's not snow, it's pretty good. Just wish they had day pass or something. Wouldn't want to spend 40 for ten rides. Seems a little pricey.

Did not try to the waterslide. Too cold.

4  Thank Janettwopoint0
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Alpine slide in Big Bear is fairly good time for everyone. For $5 you take a short chairlift ride to the top of a small hill. Then you get to ride one of two tracks to the bottom of the hill on a cement track. As far as alpine slides go, this one is on the shorter side of rides. My seven year old says, "The slide was fun, but not so much the workers." The guys at the chairlift were pretty grumpy and clearly not enjoying their jobs. They refused to help a shorter girl onto the chairlift and the guy at the top of the slide did not look up from his phone. Don't expect too much from this destination.

Good Luck!

5  Thank DPCharger
See more reviews
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Fun ride but I foolishly leaned over to pick up wallet that fell from my pocket, tipped my sled and skidded to stop using friction from my skin on concrete to decelerate. I was in terrible hurry to get back on before the rider behind me smashed into me going 25 mph. It was my own fault, had disabling road rash for about a month but have since recovered. I accepted responsibility and did not complain to staff but recommend long pants and zipper pockets.

3  Thank ShakeItSugaree