“Good Food but pricey”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Big Bear Lake, California
“Good Food but pricey”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

A long time ago, I used to eat here all the time when visiting Big Bear. On this trip, we were the only ones there (traveled during slow period now that I'm retired) and I loved the food and the friendly service. The food server was really nice and helpful and I ordered something vegetarian and my girlfriend had somekind of Eggs Benedict. Great food as I remembered it, but a little surprised this time by the price. A typical breakfast for two may run a little over $30.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Arnold T

Los Angeles
“Good for what it is...”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Ate breakfast here twice on a recent trip - its good for what it is - the breakfast menu is the usual short-order type - pancakes, eggs, bacon, toast, etc. Also had some German influenced menu items for breakfast - Brautwurst, German sausage, German potato pancakes etc. More or less an IHOP or Denny's type of place but with a lot more charm - no chain affiliation either. Parking lot seemed to only have 5 spaces so may not always be easy to park there.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank MachThree
San Diego, California
“Beignets, German Sausages, Apple Pie”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

What a gem of a place in the quieter part of town. They have the perfect menu for cold weather. The soup is worth a try, too! The atmosphere is that of an old time lake cabin restaurant, not fancy but nice, friendly service.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank NativeSoCalif
Riverside, California
“Not the same Log Cabin Restaurant that I remember”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I don't know if it was several large parties arriving at the same time or if it has gone down hill. Our party was 8 people. The restaurant did accommodate us pretty fast - the food wasn't a good as I've had it in previous years back. We had a few people that order a basic meal and didn't get it for at least 10 min after everyone else did. The price for breakfast was a little pricey for what you get. The service wasn't a hit and miss. I used to love to eat breakfast here...but after this last time, I will not be running back to fast.

• Visited October 2013
Santa Clara, California
“Great food and Santa to boot!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My friend from the UK and I were on a motorcycle road trip. We took 38 and then around the north side of Big Bear Lake. We decided to have a late breakfast and came upon the Log Cabin Restaurant. What a delight! The gal that was serving us, Kathy, was really warm and welcoming and the food was delicious. If you time it right, you might even get a sighting of Father Christmas while you're there... it was a wonderful and memorable meal!! :)

• Visited October 2013