“Best Steak and Eggs ever” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Teddy Bear Restaurant

Teddy Bear Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Spokane, Washington
“Best Steak and Eggs ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

We all loved our breakfast Sat. morning. There is pleanty of seating and the food and service was excellent My steak was juicy and full of flavor, Even the toast was done right. It was our best meal of four while we were in Big Bear

1 Thank momstephano

California
“Great Locals Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2009

The Teddy Bear is great. Make sure to bring cash since credit cards are not accepted.

1 Thank momaclouds
Crestline, California
“The Teddy Bear Left Me Stuffed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2009

A change of plans during a short vacation up in the Big Bear Lake area ended up with my sweetie and I picking out the Teddy Bear Restaurant on a whim. It ended up being a good choice although I must admit that it has a couple of oddities that my fellow travelers should know about. That being said, the breakfast we had was very good and I could barely finish all of it.

"CASH ONLY" is a sign that will greet you upon entering the narrow doorway into the restaurant. In an era where even fast food places and some of the most remote little restaurants in places like eastern Kentucky take credit cards, this is a bit of a surprise in a resort town such as Big Bear Lake that is so relatively close to Los Angeles, San Diego, and Las Vegas. I had plenty of cash on me so it was no problem.

This is a seat yourself establishment which is not a problem if you sit inside. If you want to sit outside, a good tip is to make sure to make eye contact with a waitress or other member of the staff before taking your seat on the patio -- this will greatly speed up the amount of time before somebody appears to serve you (patrons outside cannot be seen from inside the restaurant). My sweetie and I were clueless about this, but a couple of locals sitting at a nearby table took pity on us and clued us in about this situation.

Once a waitress knew that we were out there, she arrived promptly and took good care of us. Our food also arrived quickly and that surprised me because the inside of the restaurant was packed wall-to-wall with customers.

I had the cinnamon roll French toast with ham. I didn't quite know what to expect out of my main course but it turned out to be extremely tasty and not overly sweet. Unlike many other restaurants, the ham was an honest-to-goodness decent-sized ham steak complete with the bone (definitely not something that came out of a can) and oh was it ever good! My sweetie had a Belgian waffle with sausage. The waffle was properly cooked and had a good flavor to it -- sure didn't taste like something made from a mass-produced batter mix. The sausages were huge and definitely not the "brown 'n' serve" kind served in most other California coffee shop style restaurants.

All in all, this was a good choice and one of the more fun and relaxing meals during our brief stay. Just make sure you have some actual cash in your pocket before going inside. ;-)

2 Thank KoHoSo
Central CA
“Good, hearty breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2009

Stopped by the Teddy Bear Restaurant for breakfast before we went hiking in the area. The restaurant was seat yourself, and pretty crowded for mid-week. Standard breakfast fare (eggs, breakfast burritos, etc.) with good sized portions for decent prices. Cash only. In Big Bear Village with on-site parking.

2 Thank CentralCATraveler
Orange County, CA
“Best food in Big Bear”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2009

If you want good hearty food after a day on the slopes (or b"fast before), this is the place. Their pot roast is just like mom used to make. family friendly, but cash only

2 Thank gunlsu