“Food wasn't bad but nothing special - reminded me of a basic diner back home.”

Teddy Bear Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brooklyn, New York
“Food wasn't bad but nothing special - reminded me of a basic diner back home.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I ate breakfast here by myself one morning in big bear. I loved the Grizzly bear manor cafe but wanted to try at least one different breakfast place while on my vacation.

The service was really good, the waitress was friendly and nice, very clean bathrooms, you can sit yourself when you first arrive and the place is a nice size, not cramped.

The food I gotta say was just average. When i go on vacation I like to try different food places and hope for better experiences then back home. The menu is basic, nothing special, just typical standard diner food and it tasted like standard diner food.

My hashbrowns were a little cold, bacon and eggs were standard and my waffle was alright, not very fluffy. Coffee and juice were fine. And like i said service was nice.

I only ate here once though. I must rather preferred the grizzly manor cafe for breakfast. Tastier food, much better menu and a lot more things to choose from. Better value for your money too.

Ladera Ranch, California
“Teddy Bear Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

It was a the busiest weekend of the year when my son and I visited Big Bear. Our first stop was the Teddy Bear Restaurant. If my memory serves me right it was opened in 1944 according to the sign on the wall. It is cute and cozy and make sure you like cozy because it is small inside and they use every nook and cranny to seat people. We sat at the counter and it was fine. The food is typical American Breakfast food better than a Denny's. The wait was only 45 minutes but we expected the wait at 11am. If you get there earlier you will be fine. The staff was friendly and we loved the French Toast. The coffee was good too always a plus on a chilly day. To make the wait go by fast we walked around the village and kept checking in to see if our name was called. I will go back.

Milton, Florida
“Great place to eat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Awesome food, when it is there. If you are looking for their chicken pot pie go early, and go for lunch they may run out at dinner which occurred for us. Love this home town restaurant and it's servers.

Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“Food was ok -”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

ate breakfast at Teddy Bear when we arrived in Bid Bear. Gotta say, im usually pretty easy, but overall i didnt enjoy this place. The food was ok, nothing spectacular. The service was below par as the lady waiting on us seemed to be waiting on everyone. we had to wait quite a while for ordering and coffee refills. Warning - this is cash only so be prepared

San Antonio, Texas
“Great for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Small restaurant with great food and quality and excellent coffee.
Good service and reasonably prices.

Visited January 2013