“Great little place”
Review of Grizzly Manor Cafe

Grizzly Manor Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Temecula, California
“Great little place”
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Tasty food friendly staff , big portions it's worth the money. You gotta check this place up if you're in the area. It's packed and busy they actually had a waiting list. I wish they had a bigger dining area.

1 Thank Fatima H

Laguna Beach, California
“Friendly staff. OK food”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Tried this place out for breakfast about a week ago. We had a pretty good time, our waitress was really nice and service was good throughout the meal. Food was pretty average for though for a breakfast joint. Prices are pretty good, but pretty much what you could expect from any basic breakfast spot. Willing to give it another shot in the future.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank JOHN J
Big Bear Lake, California
“HIGHLY OVER-RATED BREAKFAST RESTAURANT”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Anyone who lives or visits in Big Bear, eventually drives past this restaurant and sees people waiting in line to get a table, even in the dead of winter. So, many years ago (the calendar on Trip Advisor doesn't go back far enough), we went in to have breakfast early one morning. I like chipped beef on toast ("SOS" to you Army vets), so I ordered that and my wife ordered standard breakfast fare. During the ordering process, our waitress was flippant and sarcastic in a feeble attempt at Don Rickles humor, I guess (that's about as polite as I can make it), which we didn't appreciate. The food came fairly quickly thereafter due to the lull in the action. It was possibly the worst SOS I've ever had, which is really saying something. My wife's breakfast was OK. Suffice it to say, we've never returned and every time I drive by and see people shivering in the cold for a table, I yell "SUCKERS"! There are many fine restaurants to have breakfast in Big Bear where you don't have to wait for a table, such as the Old Country Inn (reviewed elsewhere). So, I suggest you go to any of them and avoid the herd who simply go here because it appears that others go here.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Stan W
Orange County, CA
“Friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

This place was highly recommended for bfast by yelp so I decided to try it out. It's run by Charlie who's the chef and man of the house. Very friendly atmosphere and the wait is usually more than 20 minutes on a weekend morning. I ordered the sissy boy which consists of a giant choco chip pancake that's bigger than my head, 2 pieces of thick bacon and 2 sunny side up eggs. Very filling and delicious for $9.50.

Ventilation is a problem so be prepared to stink after you leave the place.

Will return on my next trip to Big Bear for sure!

Hamilton
“Fun place.......”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We went for breakfast as a local told us about it and said it shouldn't be missed......boy was he right. As soon as you walk in you can see the cook cooking - the owner will take your order and joke around - the place is not big and fills quickly especially with the locals, it seems to be a hangout spot them. The décor is quite amusing - stickers and cards are all over the walls - you really can't take everything in - lots of fun just looking around. The servings a HUGE make sure you go hungry - I had the omelette with hash browns & toast - by partner had the bacon and eggs - we couldn`t finish everything. The owners wife runs a café called Grizzly`s Bear Belly Deli which is open for lunch - next time in Big Bear we will try it. Hoping to be back in the area next year - great spot!

• Visited September 2013