“Adorable Cabin and Caring Staff”
Review of Timber Haven Lodge

and 1 more site!
Timber Haven Lodge
Upland, California
“Adorable Cabin and Caring Staff”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I found Timber Haven Lodge when I was trying to plan a romantic getaway for my boyfriend and myself. I booked a three night stay there, and the price was amazing, we only stayed one night, however; his mother passed away and we decided to stay with family up there. The owner of Timber Haven Lodge was so sweet and extremely caring, one of the nicest people I have met in Big Bear Lake and I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to visit the area. Our stay was during December, and I can hardly describe the beautiful view outside our window as it had snowed at least half a foot during the night. The cabin was spacious, and had everything we needed to enjoy our time there. I might have only been there one night, but I never wanted to leave. It felt like home.

Room Tip: They are also pet friendly on some cabins!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debnugget

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Apple Valley, California
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We have stayed in this lodge twice, and I wouldn't change anything about it. The first time, we stayed in the smaller cabin on Christmas Day. The family staff went out of their way to accomendate our family, even though it was a holiday. The next time, we stayed in the log cabin. I fell in love with it! Very spacious, wonderful ambience, and updated bathrooms and kitchen. Karen and Mehrdad work hard on the upkeep of the property and have pride in ownership. Even though I have been there twice, Karen remembered my daughter's name! This place comes HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Losha J
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I would recommend this place to anyone going to Big Bear Lake! The owners were very nice and helpful. The room was cozy and very clean. Quiet but still close enough to downtown. It was one of the best places I have stayed and it is a great price for the location.

• Stayed September 2012
Oakland, California, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2013

It was our first trip to Big Bear Lake and we decided to stay at Timber Haven Lodge. We were very pleased with our choice. The cabin was spacious and equipped with EVERYTHING we needed. We stayed in Cabin #7, a gem built in the 1920's and recently remodeled. Timber Haven was in walking distance to Big Bear Lake and The Village (Big Bear Lake's downtown area). Owners Karen and Mehrdad were very accommodating and we felt at home. We will definitely make this a regular place to stay when visiting Big Bear Lake.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

To put it simply, Timber Haven Lodge is my new go-to place to stay in Big Bear. Owners Karen & Mehrdad have elevated the cabin experience to something more like a bed and breakfast experience while still offering great value.

These innkeepers are simply delightful, and their personalities and spirit are the biggest appeal of this place. One example is when I asked Karen if there was an ice machine on property. She said no, but she gave me a small bag of ice out of what I believed to be her personal supply. They have been here since about 2004, and they both have backgrounds in architecture. This perspective is evidenced by the thoughtful and creative touches throughout the property, such as fresh paint, new windows, and inspiring landscaping. They are quite industrious, and these details are seemingly endless. Clearly, this place is a labor of love for them both.

Loved the ping pong, "beach" and fire pit and hot tub. Continental breakfast was great and unexpected...loved the fresh fruit! If you're obsessing by the map location, this place looks like it might be out of town a bit, but it's not. You're just west of the Village, walkable to Big Bear Blvd. near the Alpine Slide and the brewery. To keep your expectations in perspective, remember that these are still cabins, built no later than the late '40s in my estimation. So while there's a little peel here and a crack there, the overall feel is still very clean and tidy. They will never be the Ritz Carlton, but they don't aspire to be, either. The kitchen in Cabin 5 is sufficiently equipped for an extended stay with a huge fridge and microwave. The biggest limitation for Cabins 3, 4, 5 and 6 (I believe) is that the fold-out sofa is really only good for two kids, so good for young families, but not for four adults. However, they have at least two other cabins that hold more people.

Please note that this review is for a 4th of July stay. From what Karen told me, the winter ski season is much more challenging for them as well as every other resort in town.

Room Tip: Cabin 5 was nice. Best for couples and families with no more than two young kids
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We had an amazing anniversary trip at Timber Haven Lodge! The hospitality there exceeded our expectations. The grounds were beautiful and well maintained. The cabin was cozy and romantic. This would be a great place to come back with our family.

• Stayed May 2013
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with friends. Cabin had one bedroom with a king size bed and one pull-out sofa sleeper in the living room. The latter was acceptable for a couple of nights. Heat worked well. The 3/4 bathroom could use some more shelves. Sink had a very slow drain (even after we asked to have it unclogged). The shower was ok, water pressure on the low side. WiFi worked well. Basic continental breakfast. Friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends