“Lousy service, so so food.......”
Review of Old Country Inn

Old Country Inn
Ranked #26 of 126 Restaurants in Big Bear Region
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This trip was a revisit, was here about a year ago......my how things changed. Last trip was good, this one was not so good. The service was very poor, the waitress paid no attention to us after we got our order. The food was marginal at best.....not going back again.

There are newer reviews for Old Country Inn

Reviewed May 27, 2013

In the past, I have had breakfast and lunch here mainly for the German/Polish sausages, which were obtained locally (maybe from a sausage company in Littlerock?), but on my latest visit, they had only one selection on the menu featuring sausages, and most of the rest was unappealing. The dishes we had were marginal, no better than, say, Denny's. We came for lunch, but the menu had almost nothing but full dinners, at full dinner prices. Hard to find a small portion for lunch, and splitting one order came at a hefty price to do so.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

New ownership in the last couple of years has made this a much nicer place to enjoy a good meal. Reasonable prices, comfortable seating and very nice people.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

In years past, this was a great place to have a very good breakfast, lunch or dinner. New ownership took over, a few years ago along with the Mexican Restaurant next door. On a great day, the food is very average. Had dinner there one time, not long ago and it was an extremely bad meal. As a 16 year resident, I can tell you there are infinitely better places to eat. Don't waste your time, money or taste buds. Locals won't eat here.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had a 15 days road trip with my friend, traveling the south west of USA. Big Bear Lake was our final stop before we took off from LA back to our home country.

We didn't have anything in mind when we visited Big Bear Lake. What we really wanted to do was to find a great place to relax and adjust ourselves before we end our road trip. I didn't do any researches about this place, didn't make any reservation, and had no particular restaurants / cafes in mind.

We came to Old Country Inn because we thought it's a hostel by the lake. Since it's not, we left to continue our search for accommodation, but we came back for dinner because we love the service. There's ample parking space in the back of the restaurant. As soon as we entered the restaurant, I fell in love with this rustic restaurant. It was a cool autumn night and the restaurant was warm and cozy.

The food was delicious. I love my seared ahi tuna very much. The buffalo wings are great too! The price was average and the service was great.