“Great Sunday Brunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I tried the Sunday Champagne brunch at Stillwells. Not the biggest selection by any means, but the food was very good. The made to order omelettes had a good selection of ingredients including slipper lobster, crab, shrimp and the usual vegetables and cheese. The Belgian waffles were good also. The service we received was friendly, courteous and prompt. The price of $19.95 per person was quite reasonable. We will definitely eat there again on our next trip to the Big Bear area.

There are newer reviews for Stillwells Restaurant

Reviewed February 13, 2014

The restaurant is located in the Northwood Resort. A real restaurant manager is seriously needed at this establishment.

While staying at the Northwood's Resort in December 2013 with my family, we ate dinner and breakfast here.

The worse part of both dining experinces was the slow service. The wait staff were all very friendly and professional, but it took a long time for us to get our meals, especially at breakfast.

The food was average, and the prices also average.

On some nights they have a all you can eat buffett. We looked at it, the selections were extremely limited and did not look appitizing.

The strongest feature of this restuarant is being located in the resort. But honestly you'll be much happier taking a short walk into the village for your meals.

I feel if the restaurant had some real leadership and experience in the management department it would be a better experience.

I will not dine hear again, and would advice the same to my family and friends.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I live in the Big Bear Valley and decided to go to Stillwell's for Christmas Dinner, which they have every year and they advertise as being the best in the Valley. The problems started before I even got seated. On their website, their advertised price was $24.95, when I called to make a reservation I was quoted a price of $28.95, and when I showed up at the restaurant I was told I would have to pay $34.95. When I advised the hostess of the discrepancies in pricing, she stated that it wasn't her's or the restaurant's fault and that it was their events manager's problem. Once seated and despite the assurance my server would be right with me, I waited one half hour with no one ever speaking to me or even acknowledging my presence. Since I was seated at the front of the booth section, all wait staff had to walk right past me (and they did so on numerous occassions) but no one seemed to even see me until I finally asked to talk to the manager. When I expressed my complaints to the manager (J.D.), he immediately advised me my meal would be on the house and that he would get my drink and make sure I had what I needed. However, when I got back with my first plate of food from the serving area, I had my drink waiting but no napkin or silverware. I roamed the restaurant for at least two minutes until a server (who ended up being my server who had been ignoring me until now) asked me what I wanted. When I asked for a napkin and silverware he just walked off without saying a word. (I did finally get the items requested many minutes later.) Additionally, later when I needed a refill on my drink the busboy that stated he would get my refill never returned and my server finally decided to show up many minutes later to ask if I needed anything. Towards the end of my meal the server did come by a few times to see if I needed anything but by this time the damage had already been done as the service throughout my visit was never even "average". Unfortunately, this is the same kind of experience I have had on almost every visit to this restaurant. If there is a problem, the staff generally blames it on someone else and the service is always horrible. The food in general is pretty good however, one has to stop and consider if the aggravation caused by the substandard service is worth it. I think I'll stay home and have a T.V. dinner next time.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We arrived in Big Bear early evening and were hungry, since we were staying at the Northwoods we decided to just eat at Stillwells. I wish we went somewhere else. Service was very slow, they had a huge party, rehearsal dinner and they were very loud. They only had a couple of beer selections because they ran out. Our food was below average.....do yourself a favor and go somewhere else....

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I had drinks at Stillwells last Saturday night. We stayed at Northwoods for our Big Bear vacation and decided to check out the bar after catching a movie in the village.

It was around ten on a Saturday and the bar was very quiet, only a few other people. Our bartender was very nice and chatty. Like my boyfriend, she was also from England. She made is Irish Coffees that were excellent.

The bar has a cozy, woodsy vibe. I felt like we should have been there in the middle of winter with snow falling outside.

The prices, like most places in Big Bear, were very reasonable. I call it "reverse sticker-shock" from being so used to the high prices in Los Angeles.

Good overall experience.

Please visit my blog for extensive trip reports and pictures of our Big Bear vacation.