“First time, and not the last”

Stillwells Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 123 Restaurants in Big Bear Region
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
El Paso
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First time, and not the last”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This was my first time to Stillwells and I couldn't be more pleased. The service was good and the food was great. Next time I'm in Big Bear I will make sure to go there again.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Nadia G

West Hollywood, California
“It was one of the great restaurant...”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Before I post my review, I read some of the other reviews, and man was I surprised, it was BAD……but that is not how I feel about the Stillwell restaurant, yes it is not like high end restaurant that I been before, but never the less it is a nice restaurant in the mountain, the food was great, and the service was friendly, we even get a free cake for my nephew, we ask for a dessert, but later on they found out it was his birthday, the manager told us the cake is on the house, and that was sweet, we had a such a good time, we went back the next day for the Sunday brunch, and as soon as the sever recognized us, she give us a discount, and the pasta and omelet station was excellent, everything is cook fright in front of you, I get to pick my own ingredients, and kids had such a good time, they keep going back for more, sorry to said that we ate like “pigs” lol..we will go back again and that is for sure…

• Visited January 2012
Big Bear Lake, California
“FOOD HAS IMPROVED SOMEWHAT BUT SERVICE STILL STINKS”
Reviewed December 25, 2011

The last time my wife and I went to Stillwell's, I told her I would never return due to mediocre food (compared to the price) and poor service. However, she talked me into going to the Sunday brunch for Christmas this year. The food was pretty good and the price for the brunch ($24.95) was decent in comparison to other locations. However, the service was horrible. Our waitress took our drink order and then disappeared for most of our meal. We had to flag down busboys and other employees to ask for items that we never received and never received an update on why we did not receive them. The place was busy but not packed by any means and I later learned our waitress was spending most of her time in front talking to co-workers. The gentlemen at the serving table were very friendly but ignorant of what they were serving or what items they had at their table sending people away in disgust only to discover that they in fact did have the item(s) that were requested at their disposal. As far as I am concerned, this was my last time patronizing this location in my neighborhood.

• Visited December 2011
“Does exactly what it says on the tin”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

We were staying at he hotel and after a long days skiing didn't want to travel. We went to the sports bar and had a good burger and decent bowl of chilli. The staff were friendly and it was very good value. 26 bucks with a beer, would definitely return

1 Thank theoriginalsnob
Fullerton, California
“Excellent!”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I came to Big Bear to visit my girlfriends who were staying at Northwoods Resort. I researched the restaurant before coming to visit them and told them I did not want to eat here due to the past negative reviews. However, my friends did not feel like walking anywhere else, so we ended up eating at Stillwell's Restaurant and I braced for the worst.

Much to my surprise, the food was excellent and the service was even better. I told the waitress about my initial fear of eating at Stillwell's and she informed me that the restaurant has a new and better cook a couple of months ago. Well, that would explain why the food I thought was excellent and not at all horrible was previous reviews.

I would return in a heartbeat.

• Visited August 2011