“Cozy and Comfortable Stay”
Review of Cozy Hollow Lodge

Cozy Hollow Lodge
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Big Bear Region
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed here on a weekend in cabin #8 and loved it. The cabin was a one bedroom, and very clean. All of the fixtures and carpeting looked like it had been recently updated. Plush, emerald green carpeting throughout. The bathroom looked freshly painted and the toilet was modern. The doors and windows were secure (the door had 2 deadbolts). The kitchen had a stainless steel sink and two stove burners with microwave, dishes, cutlery, toaster, coffee maker and mini fridge. We parked right in front of our cabin which was very convenient for carrying our stuff in. I instantly felt comfortable and cozy when we walked in, which is always a huge relief when you book a cabin somewhere for the first time.

The complex is located in a good spot, right on hwy 18 entering BB Village, across from the steak restaurant and within walking distance of the village and marina, but far enough away to be private and non-busy. We parked at the cabins and walked everywhere.

Our cabin was quiet, we weren't sure it would be since it was not far from the road but it was. We did not hear very much outside noise when we shut the door, only the occasional whoosh of a car once in awhile at night. The bed was comfortable and there was a tv in our bedroom so we enjoyed watching movies at night. Our cabin had a porch with two chairs and a mini table outside so we took our books and sat outside to read for the afternoon.

We cooked our dinner at the BBQs they have near the playground. We did not cook on the grills themselves, however. We brought a disposable mini grill and placed it on TOP of the grills, to keep things sanitary. I highly recommend this for anyone wanting to BBQ there. You can buy one for $4 at the supermarket.

The only thing we didn't like was that even though the cabins themselves are non smoking, they allow people to smoke on their porches. That means that if you are a non-smoker, and you sit outside with your door open to let the breeze in, someone in the cabin next to you could be smoking on their porch and the smell will waft into your cabin. This happened to us on Sunday morning and instead of having the door open, we were forced to close the door so smoke wouldn't seep in.

I'm not really sure what the management can do about that, since I know many guests in Big Bear like to smoke...but personally I think if the cabin is non smoking then the porch should be, too, and perhaps there could be a smoking "area" reserved a little ways away from where other people are staying...or, non porch smoking cabins vs...smoking porch cabins? Just a thought.

The woman at the front desk was very nice and helpful. The towels and housekeeping were excellent. We paid $99/night to stay here and were very happy overall, we look forward to staying here again and I highly recommend it for couples.

Room Tip: we recommend cabin #8.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank malajemm
There are newer reviews for Cozy Hollow Lodge

Reviewed May 11, 2012

My wife and I went on an impromtu spur of the moment ride and ended up in Big Bear. It had been at least seven years since our last trip to Big Bear, and we had stayed at another cozy spot that unfortunately was closed for the season. We ventured a block or so down the road and stumbled upon this little place. Just a bunch of quaint little cabins that all include a nice sized fire place. The cabins themselves are clean and comfortable. Fire wood is available at the front office along with fire starting materials. Its walking distance from everything, the location is very conveniently located next to Big Bear Village and Big Bear Lake. Not to mention there is an absolutely cozy little restaurant/brewery located just a five minute walk up the road. They have great micro brews that they brew right there on the premises as well as great burgers and sandwiches. I highly recommend this place, very romantic.

Room Tip: They have spa rooms available as well for a little bit more $$$. All rooms have a fireplace though.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Spaulo t
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I loved this place. My hubby and I decided to make a quick weekend get a way to big bear and he found this little gem!! We had a studio stand alone cabin with a fireplace and a kitchenette. They even provided cookware and dishes full size coffee pot, toaster, stove, oven and an apt size fridge! I felt like I was staying in my own little vacation cabin! The staff was helpful, the grounds quaint, and the location was perfect! My favorite part was sitting in front of the fireplace at night after we hiked that day! We toasted marshmallows and made smores. I can't wait to go back and will be booking this place again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Desert_Lily
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I had been looking so forward to staying at this property my family and I have stayed for years. I had gone thru some health issues and wanted to come back to where it felt like home.Unfortunately, without going into detail we had to cancel a week ahead in advance. It was a two stay night and we were charged for one night stay. How rude! Times are hard for everyone I know but look at the money they will lose since we or by word of mouth will NEVER recommend this place AGAIN. I live out of state so it's a little hard to get there, so if that's how you run your business GOOD LUCK cuz Karma gets you every time! 30 day cancellation ?? How does one know there's going to be a death in the family? REALLY???

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank mauigirl1965
CHL14, Owner at Cozy Hollow Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

I am disappointed also with this review. We have built our guest relations based on truth and integrity. We have a 15day cancellation policy and the reservation was canceled 2 days prior to arrival with no explanation. Had we know there was a death in the family we would have refunded the entire deposit. We did issue a rain check for a future stay. We do value our guest reviews this on just needed to be corrected.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

The cabins are Cozy, We came up so my LIL girl can see snow for her first time, it dumped 8 " that night so the play area for kids there was great for her to make a snowman and play. Cabins were clean, and fireplace worked great, great location to the downtown area , walking distance if you are into that also a minute by car.. many places to eat, one of the snow play areas is about a block away. great tubing for the kids.. Our place had a small front porch which we used everyday . I would recomend Cozy Hollow for a place in Big Bear lake..

Room Tip: room 8 faced away from the road so was very Quiet
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We came up here for my husbands birthday and we had a very nice time. Our cabin was very nice and cozy. And all lodging around here seems to be right off of the main street, so for some people it can be noisy. But were from LA so the little noise that there was didnt bother us. Our room had the jacuzzi tub right as soon as you walked in right by our bed, which we liked. There heater works great cause it does get a bit cold. Nice comfortable beds and beyond great water pressure in the shower. Overall this place has great cabins and great service. Very friendly and family oriented as well.

Room Tip: If you wanna be able to sit right in front of your cabin and have a street view, go for cabin 10. Be...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Cozy Hollow is a cute little place with attentive, friendly owners. Our cabin was a bit small for two adults and two children, but it was fine for a two night stay. The fireplace was wonderful and the heater worked well so we were never cold. We thought the price was reasonable for a non-holiday weekend. My only real complaint is that Cozy Hollow is located just off the main road in Big Bear. (Many of the cabin rentals are on this same road.) The road noise was very loud and went on most of the night. We liked Cozy Hollow but in the future, I think we'll try to find a place further from the noisy road.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family