Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews ski trip jacuzzi fireplace bear sink cathy
Selected filters
Reviewed February 20, 2017

We planned for this vacay for weeks... by the time we decided on the actual dates it was almost a 4-day weekend so lodging was sky-rocketing in all the resorts we wanted to stay. Then, the weather forecast says something about storm coming to SoCal??? Perhaps it was all these that prompted our decision. Needless to say, we booked Cottage #5 - Old Farmer Cottage at Sleepy Forest Resorts in Big Bear Lake, CA. It was a very a good choice, both for the timing and the accommodations.

First, Sleepy Forest Resorts location was awesome!!! It is surrounded by Pine trees, and the cabins or cottages were arranged as if you are in a community yet maintains the singularity of it. I like the little pathways between cabins and the parking was very good - we actually parked right in front of our cottage! It is near everything - restaurants, shopping, parks, ski slopes and driving in & out to the main thoroughfare was a breeze. The resort was beyond our expectation. There were only the 3 of us, yet our cottage #5, was very comfortable - too homey, it was almost impossible to leave it. We had a kitchenette which was very nice since we like to prepare breakfast and quick-snacks. The stove/oven we used for our soups & bread-baking. There was a microwave, bread toaster and small refrigerator for our drinks. It also came with pots & pans and china & silver wares. The bath had 3 shower heads which was very much liked by us and clean and roomy for our space. We love the fireplace! We can say it was the focal point of our stay since we had a storm during our stay ... and it was just wonderful to watch the snow coming down from our patio!!! We also had wifi which made my son happy as it kept him connected with his world in spite of being in the forest. Yes, we definitely felt we were inside a forest with all the Pine trees and the snow!

Second, the snow storm. This was the bonus! Sleepy Forest Resorts definitely is the best place to be when it snows in Big Bear Lake. The scenery was just splendid! Pine trees were dressed in white powder ... so were the roofs of the cabins! The ground was sparkling white and the staff should be commended with a very good job maintain the pathway clear! In the evening, the resort was illuminated with the lights from every pathway between cabins/cottages that it was just a sight to behold.

We would definitely come back and bring family & friends.

Thank you so much for a wonderful, relaxing vacation.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2017

Clean, comfortable, cozy. Isn't that what we're all looking for? Loved this cabin. It is HUGE. Great for an over night or extended stay. Fully stocked kitchen, just bring the food! Even has a BBQ on the deck off the kitchen. Beautiful wood burning fireplace too. We'll be back for sure.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2017

Booked this cute and cozy place as an early birthday gift to myself! Learned how to snowboard with my girlfriend and stayed for 2 nights from 1/18-1/20. Finding the place and checking in was so simple. As I do with all places I plan to stay in, I had done a bunch of research and read reviews about this place along with checking out pictures of each and every cabin. I decided to go with #7 and it didn't disappoint. Lots of fast food nearby, the closest being McDonald's with just a couple minute walk up the street. I love all things small and cozy and our cabin was perfect as it is their smallest and oldest cabin that included the jetted tub and fireplace. Hot water came out right away and the jets were very soothing. Even though we didn't use them, the complimentary bathroom amenities were a generous addition. Super convenient that the room included a fridge, microwave, and a sink, along with plenty of utensils. We enjoyed some Disney movies and other classics from the office. Loved the fact that they were VHS tapes; brought back so many memories. Will definitely come back here again!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2017 via mobile

This place was wonderful! My boyfriend and I wanted a romantic getaway and that's exactly what we got! Our room, the Eureka!, was recently renovated and was perfect! I give 5 stars for the friendly and accommodating staff, the king size jacuzzi tub, coffee and pastries in the lobby, fireplace, wood and tile floors and the great Rain shower! I can't wait to stay there again!

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

I cant even remember how many times i have stayed here, i always rent one of their houses, i stayed at the red house the last 4 of my visits, which is right across from the office, its a cozy house, big backyard, i had a few issues with the operating of the tv, so i went across to the office, and victor came over right away and try to fix it but he couldn't get it fixed so then another guy came over he was really nice and had to reboot the whole wi-fi system then everything worked and then in the morning on Thursday when we left it was a big snowstorm so the guy that came over to fix the TV before , he helped us put chains on the truck tires, I just love staying here everyone is always really nice! I will b back again soon
Thanks for another great stay! Pic of backyard and snow thurs morning in driveway

Trip type: Traveled with friends