Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews ski trip jacuzzi fireplace bear sink cathy
Selected filters
Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

I cant even remember how many times i have stayed here, i always rent one of their houses, i stayed at the red house the last 4 of my visits, which is right across from the office, its a cozy house, big backyard, i had a few issues with the operating of the tv, so i went across to the office, and victor came over right away and try to fix it but he couldn't get it fixed so then another guy came over he was really nice and had to reboot the whole wi-fi system then everything worked and then in the morning on Thursday when we left it was a big snowstorm so the guy that came over to fix the TV before , he helped us put chains on the truck tires, I just love staying here everyone is always really nice! I will b back again soon
Thanks for another great stay! Pic of backyard and snow thurs morning in driveway

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 5, 2017 via mobile

Stay at the sleepy forest cottages! If you stay at any other cabin in the area, you have to pay a $100-150 cleaning fee...My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay at the Camper's Cottage. I recommend this cabin because I believeee it is the only lower priced cabin that has a full kitchen. The room was very clean! Not a speck of dirt! It also comes with everything you could need such as a ceiling fan for hot nights, a fireplace for chilly nights, a coffeemaker, pots/pans, dishes, a mini-fridge(w/tiny freezer section), etc. I also wanted to note that it has a small couch with a pull out bed... That's what the description means when it refers to the "extra bed." The shower was small but the water pressure was great. The water heats up really quick and the heater works well.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2017 via mobile

These guys were really helpful. Gave us a bottle of champagne for new year to celebrate. It was very close to various places. Cottage was really nice and clean. It had fire place too which was very helpful. You can also rent movies.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2016

This was a much needed get-away for my husband and I. Everything about the weekend was perfect. Especially the fireplace and the spa.
A special thanks to Victor at the front desk, he went above and beyond to help us.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
PBBigBear, Owner at Sleepy Forest Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2016

Thank you for the nice comments and mentioning Victor. He truly appreciates that!

Reviewed December 18, 2016

On a spontaneous decision, my husband and I decided to drive up to Big Bear for the weekend. We had previously stayed in the cottages twice before so we thought they were a safe bet. Unfortunately, this time we got #190 which is practically falling apart. The furniture is really old and worn. It was a cold weekend and it was difficult to keep it warm. But that was not as bad as all the warning we kept getting about not messing anything up or not leaving things as they were or there would be charges for this and that. We are older adults so I couldn't understand all rules and warnings. Not welcoming at all.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for explaining your experience. You mentioned all the rules, and the first thing we asked was that you let us know of any problems. I wish we could have taken better care of you. GGs house is filled with old furniture, GG is my mother and many guest enjoy staying in her unit. Also, it has an amazing gas wood-stove that we think heats the cottage wonderfully. We do have lots of instructions and notes but try to be very welcoming.