All reviews the kitchen the cottages honey pot get away basketball court mountain cabin office staff hot tub bedroom cabin can't wait to go back lisa gbc bear fireplace playground winter snow
Selected filters
Reviewed May 22, 2005

Date of stay: May 2005
Reviewed May 14, 2005

My friends and I are serving in the US Navy stationed in San Diego, California and we travel to Big Bear each weekend in the winter when our schedule allows.

Instead of making the three hour drive back to San Diego we decided to rent a cabin. Golden Bear just happened to be the first place we stopped, and we have been in love with it since. Once, we were snowed in on the mountain and couldn't leave and they gave us a very generous discount on our cottage to ease our burden.

Another time we had planned to rent cottages for a group of thirty and planning it a month prior wasn't any problem. Soon after, our military schedule changed and we were unable to meet our reservation date. This wasn't any problem for the Golden Bear group. They understood our predicament, helped us pick a later date, and credited our account for any unused portoin.

We had made attempts to stay at Golden Bear plenty of other times throughout the season but soon learned that reservations book up fast! I definitely know why, some of the other places on the mountain were far less accomodating and more expensive too! You may not want to plan your trip around desireable weather, by the time you try to book, any one of their 28 cabins could be filled.

Golden Bear is within a few minutes drive to supplies, the main village, the lake, and ski areas. It is an affordable and friendly atmosphere which I look forward to visiting this next ski season!

Date of stay: March 2005
167  Thank Ambassador16394
Reviewed April 28, 2005

Reviewed April 27, 2005

Date of stay: April 2005
Reviewed April 27, 2005

We have just returned from a weekend at the Golden Bear. The cabins are magnificent and we have never experienced such incredible service before. The staff at the cabins is wonderful. They took care of all my needs the whole time we were there. We stayed in a wonderful cabin with a great view. It was a great inexpensive way for us to get away from the city and enjoy a couple of days in the mountains. They had so many fun things to do while we were there. My wife and I really loved the pool. It even had a tv so that I did not miss any of my favorite sporting events wihle we were enjoying the fun and sun. After a good day of relaxing we enjoyed our in room spa. It was wonderful. We finished the nights off with movies we picked up at the office. They have a very extensive collection of movies to choose from just a short walk from the cabin. Overall I would say this is probably the best cabin we have ever stayed in on vacation.

52  Thank Passport20883