“Wonderful Weekend”

Best Western Big Bear Chateau
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Big Bear Region
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We have stayed at the Best Western Big Bear Chateau several times in the past. This visit proved to be as consistently great. It is definitely a bargain for the experience. We have stayed at other accommodations in Big Bear and found this one to be a dependable GOOD time and special experience. The pool area backs up to a tiny forested area that is simply delightful. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfy and the beds are extremely comfortable. Both my husband and I have bad backs and we find the nights here restful and comfortable. We will be returning again and again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stay one night there to visit the big bear lake and arrowhead lake area. The hotel is easy to locate and around five minutes drive to big bear village. The interior design of the hotel resembles an old style chateau of Europe rather than a simple structure that most US motels would look like. It is a good compliment to the kind of experience whilst spending time in the village. Whilst staying in this area, I have the feeling of traveling and visiting into a small beautiful town in Europe.

The room is of good size, clean and with good wifi connection. The only con that I would say is the AC in room which is centrally controlled by the hotel. The temperature and air flow may not suit all travelers.

The breakfast is with good quality and variety and staffs are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Wife and I stayed here the weekend of June 28/29. Thought we'd "cool off" at 6,500 ft. elevation while enjoying the Big Bear Lake area. When we got to the room it seemed uncomfortably warm. We checked the AC and were shocked to find that there was no thermostat...! The hotel has an antiquated heating/cooling system that THEY control. Guests in the Individual rooms have no way to heat or cool the rooms for their own comfort. At first we thought the AC system was down, but it wasn't. We can only assume the hotel is being uber thrifty by limiting their use of air conditioning. It was a most uncomfortable afternoon and evening for us. It was actually cooler outside than in the room. Frankly, I'm surprised that this hotel was accepted into the Best Western chain. Upon checkout, we stopped at the front desk to discuss the issue. The man in front of us, coincidentally, was complaining about the very same thing...! They gave us a meager (and insulting) $13.00 discount from our $145 room bill. We'll not return to this place, ever.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere in the summer, unless you like an uncomfortably warm room. Not sure how it is in win...
Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jerome L
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We loved our 2 day stay at the Chateau. This hotel was set among the Lodge pines in a quiet area of Big Bear. The staff, amenities and setting was great. We definitely would go back again. It is one of the few Best Westerns we have stayed at where, besides the buffet, they will cook you a breakfast which was very good. The pool area was absolutely beautiful. A lot of thought has gone into the flowers and landscape making this wooded area spectacular.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
sherri h, Director of Sales at Best Western Big Bear Chateau, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thank you for your review and we appreciate your comments and your time to write about your experience at our facility. We hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

What a gorgeous hotel with a friendly staff. Highly recommend. beautiful pool area. Nice breakfast. Workout room looked great, however, I did not use it. Nicest hotel I saw in the area. We were there right before the 4th of July and was very quiet.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2014

When I checked in, they put me in a room that they KNEW the ac wasn't working properly, I found out later. When I initially called and said it was HOT in room, told me to "leave patio door open at night when it cools down". I was on the First floor! This is how they treat their Diamond customer! Wouldn't of been so bad if it hadn't been in upper 80's that week. Hotel is nice, room was decent, furniture was older.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Michael R
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a place to meet with partners from your corporate offices and have still have time to spend with your wife an kids. This is the spot! Before my meeting I took the family to breakfast at the inn . Then we went to the park and played with the kids . After an hour or two they were ready for lunch so we went to eat .the kids wanted to watch a movie so we walked back to our room 15 min into the movie they were both out like a light wow! Time alone to spend with my wife it was nice . Then off to my meeting . It was here on grounds and was nice an private . So it was over fast with no interruptions . Back to wake wife an kids up to get some lake time in . After that took kids to accede out for icream then I was ready for my nap. Never to old you know. All around I wish we could of spent more time in this great town there was so much more to do but we only had one night so we will have to plan another trip soon . I would recommend this to all I know I am trying to get my family to do our reunion here .! Please try it for your self

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business