“Big Bear Chateau, Big Bear Lake Ca”

Best Western Big Bear Chateau
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Big Bear Region
Phoenix, Arizona
“Big Bear Chateau, Big Bear Lake Ca”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

What a gorgeous hotel with a friendly staff. Highly recommend. beautiful pool area. Nice breakfast. Workout room looked great, however, I did not use it. Nicest hotel I saw in the area. We were there right before the 4th of July and was very quiet.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
New Baltimore, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2014

When I checked in, they put me in a room that they KNEW the ac wasn't working properly, I found out later. When I initially called and said it was HOT in room, told me to "leave patio door open at night when it cools down". I was on the First floor! This is how they treat their Diamond customer! Wouldn't of been so bad if it hadn't been in upper 80's that week. Hotel is nice, room was decent, furniture was older.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

2 Thank Michael R
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a place to meet with partners from your corporate offices and have still have time to spend with your wife an kids. This is the spot! Before my meeting I took the family to breakfast at the inn . Then we went to the park and played with the kids . After an hour or two they were ready for lunch so we went to eat .the kids wanted to watch a movie so we walked back to our room 15 min into the movie they were both out like a light wow! Time alone to spend with my wife it was nice . Then off to my meeting . It was here on grounds and was nice an private . So it was over fast with no interruptions . Back to wake wife an kids up to get some lake time in . After that took kids to accede out for icream then I was ready for my nap. Never to old you know. All around I wish we could of spent more time in this great town there was so much more to do but we only had one night so we will have to plan another trip soon . I would recommend this to all I know I am trying to get my family to do our reunion here .! Please try it for your self

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We booked this night with my boyfriend's rewards points and we arrived late around 1 am. The night audit was not paying attention to our reservation type, intended to charge us for the room when it was a free night stay. He was just inattentive and we noticed it off the bat. The room itself was nice even though it did not include a fridge which was a bit disappointing. The bed itself was very comfy and provided a perfect night's sleep. The room also included a balcony which was awesome to enjoy the brisk morning weather! A free breakfast is provided which is half buffet style and half made-to-order from a selective menu. The omelet we got was delicious as were the waffles we made at the buffet. The man in the breakfast area was EXCELLENT, provided the best service of anyone we encountered. Great stay, may return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kori B
Long Beach, California
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I really enjoyed staying here,The room was very clean and comfortable.It was quiet and the breakfast included was good.It was very close to everything.I would recomend for a good value and very nice staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room with a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We enjoyed the stay and room, but the free breakfast....well, good thing its free!! They should change the way they have it set-up. Ordering off of a very small menu with no special orders (no onions?) They would be better off with keeping it all buffet style.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Mojacar, Spain
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Beautiful and conveniently located. Priced well, especially in the "off season". Mountain feel but tastefully updated and renovated. Easy parking. Get a room with a balcony or terrace...preferably in the back. We have stayed here several times, and it is consistently good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple