Too much of a focus on fake-luxury, like fancy wallpaper and tables and towel heaters- when the whole place smells musty and there's no individual climate control...
I agree with the other reviews, that this is a pretty weird version of a BW plus- most of them seem modern but this one seems quite old, however apparently all the gaudy chandeliers pushed it up to a higher rating bracket
realistically, almost nothing in Big Bear is new at this point, and I certainly didn't see one hotel that looked even as nice as this one, the whole time I was there
I got a room for about 100 bucks a night, however others staying at the same time were paying 2 or 3 times that amount, due to a special-event sellout, those prices are not worth it in my mind
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover this charming Big Bear Lake, California hotel-the closest full-service lodging to Snow Summit and Bear Mountain Ski Resorts. Welcome to the BEST WESTERN Big Bear Chateau, the perfect hotel for avid outdoorsmen and avid ski lovers alike. Located in inland Southern California, this Big Bear Lake hotel offers well-appointed guest rooms complete with a fireplace, pillow top mattresses, cable satellite television with Showtime and high-speed Internet access. The hotel offers an array of amenities including a seasonal outdoor heated swimming pool and hot tub, game room, fitness center, full business services and meeting/banquet facilities accommodating up to 140 people. The BEST WESTERN Big Bear Chateau also features the onsite Tiffany's cocktail lounge Serving a special food menu Friday and Saturday from 5:00-9:00 p.m. Guests staying at this California hotel will find themselves less than one mile from both Snow Summit and Bear Mountain Ski Resorts. The hotel also offers convenient access to outdoor activities such as hiking, golf, horseback riding, snowmobiling, fishing, sailing and skiing on Big Bear Lake. Less than ten miles away guests can also visit the Moonridge Zoo, Meadow Park and the Big Bear Convention Center. The BEST WESTERN Big Bear Chateau is ideal lodging for groups such as church camps, wedding parties or reunions taking place at Big Bear Lake. The city also hosts a variety of events including the Bear Country Fair, the Ride the Mountain Event, the International Chili Society Cook Off and the Big Bear Cowboy Gathering. The friendly, helpful staff at the BEST WESTERN Big Bear Chateau is ready to ensure a fun-filled memorable stay in Big Bear Lake, California. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Big Bear Chateau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Big Bear Chateau Hotel Big Bear Lake
- Best Western Big Bear Lake
- Big Bear Lake Best Western