“Good location - decent price”
Review of Fireside Lodge

Fireside Lodge
Ranked #10 of 16 Big Bear Region B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We escaped LA and ventured up to Big Bear for some fall-like weather and hiking. The location is great -- walking distance to the downtown area and various restaurants, a Starbucks down the street, and a few other places. It's about a 10 minute drive to the discovery center on the other side of the lake which is a great base for some day hikes. The rooms are a bit dated, but they're what you expect at a mountain lodge. We drove by some other places that looked nice, but it seems like they're all about the same. If you want to walk around town and have a few cocktails at dinner (without worrying about driving), this is the place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 25, 2010

My family and I decided to take a last miniute trip to Big Bear, We stayed at Fireside before and had a great time, our kids really enjoyed comming back to this property. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were clean, walking distance to the vilage, food, shoping and the movies, The bowling alley is across the street whitch made baby sitting for our kids a breeze, heck even Mom and Dad got into the spirit rolling the ball down the alley, after we walked to the movie theatre, As a repeat guest we received a spl gift and discount this coupled with the free breakfast reall added to our stay. We will be back again soon, Jackie & Allen

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2010

My wife and I and sometimes other family members have been yearly guest at the Fireside Lodge. But recently the lodge is now under new management and things have changed. I had a misunderstanding about my reservation so I called to get more information. I spoke to the clerk Jasmin. She was very unprofessional and rude. she was rushing me off the phone so I requested to speak with the owner. That's when she transferred me to the manager Jacklyn. Well that was not any better. She would not let me speak and claimed she was very busy. The management there literally started to argue with me over the phone. They are very rude and unprofessional. The attitude was very short and negative not to mention snobby. I will no longer be staying at the Fireside Lodge Big Bear. This is not the way customer service should be. I suggest that the owners of this lodge looked into better employees with better customer service skills. I have never been treated in this manner before by your management. I did request to contact the owner but Jacklyn stated "this is it".

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Read about this motel on Trip Advisor & decided to go on a whim for my birthday. Reserved a lakeview suite thru the motel's website, which had cheaper pricing than Expedia, etc.. I paid approx. $156 for a lakeview "suite", which I normally wouldn't spend for 1 nite, but the website said the suite had 2 TV's & 2 bathrooms, which I thought would be perfect for myself & my 11 yr old. Apparently they took 2 small motel rooms & combined into 1. One entrance has a bathroom, a kitchenette with micro & fridge & the L/R which has a futon bed, fireplace, computer desk & TV above it. The SMALL bedroom also had a computer desk w/TV over it & bathroom by 2nd entrance. Both areas had sliding glass doors & extended balcony w/chairs & table. The only problem with the chairs was that when you sit down your lake view is obstructed by balcony railing which ends up being at exact eye level. The view was good enough, however you are situated behind a few houses that are directly on the lakefront. The only real problem I encountered was the loud drunken party people right next door, also celebrating a birthday. I like fresh air but had to close my slider at night cuz of the partying they were doing on their balcony, which sucked. I didn't complain to the office because my friends & I used to be like that when we were younger & they eventually passed out anyway around 9 pm. Next time I go I will make mention of this in hopes of not being placed next door to younger party people.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank chinojeano
Reviewed August 6, 2010

We were so comfortable in this hotel. First they upgraded us at no charge to a room with a private patio and a view of the lake. The next morning we enjoyed a delicious complimentary breakfast.... yogurt, fruit, bagels, cereal, sweets, coffee.... what a nice surprise. There were movies and popcorn at the front desk and the staff..... very friendly and helpful. Why stay anywhere else?

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bethslar
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Was there for the weekend and not only did I love the room, but the location. Bed was actually very comfortable as well, but what I loved most about it was the view of the lake! Lake is also within walking distance and the area is very clean and quiet. Defiantly a place I'd come to again to enjoy a quiet peaceful getaway.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Really had a great time, place was super sweet and the price was super cheap for wat i got for it.. i stayed at suite type room for the price of a cheaphotel room. beautiful setup two room one with a spa very awesome experience.. highly recommended spot if u are in the big bear area..

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple