“Reasonably priced”

Ranked #10 of 16 Big Bear Region B&B and Inns
Laughlin, Nevada
“Reasonably priced”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Purchased deal through Groupon. Arrived early and they allowed me to check in. My room was cozy, clean and comfortable. I was in Room 31 and everything was in good working order. Staff was very pleasant and were quick to get me what I needed. No bath soap or shampoo was in the room. This hotel is located close to the Village, Concert center "The Cave". Coming from the desert not having A/C was an issue but two fans were in the room that helped immensely with the windows opened.

Room Tip: The Groupon rooms are quite small, with a King Size bed and only for two people. For a little coupl...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Through Groupon we got a great deal for a 2-night stay at this hotel . Walking distance to the Village and the lake. Even enjoyed the pool one day. Staff was friendly and very helpful, room clean and comfortable. Only complaint was our room was a little stuffy, but with the help of a fan we were fine.

Room Tip: Get Room #27 if you can---nice view and a deck attached
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelarts
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Although well located, these lodgings were less than adequate. First off, the toilet didn't flush and a maintenance man did respond in good time. The very small room needed a facelift. Everything was old and in need of fresh paint, cleaner carpeting, and window treatments. Bed linens had holes and were ill-fitting. Bathroom/dressing area was tiny and kleenex was missing! Housekeeping never washed in-room coffee maker after morning use and never cleaned coffee mugs left in the sink.
We went there on a Groupon Offer for 2 nights and trusted it would have been nicer. Would NOT recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Big Bear Region hotels

CA
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights due to a Groupon deal. Got the king bed, fireplace, basic room. Really, really rundown place. Only one employee works there at a time. If they aren't in the office, good luck. They were nice after we talked to them for a bit though. No a/c and the room was hot because they have to leave the pilot light on for the heater and it puts out heat. We had to leave the windows open and the fans in them to try to keep the room cool. Bathroom was barely there.. no place to put your stuff by the sink so they include a little tv like stand that is odd. Tub chipped and old. Towels were thin and holey. Walls thin as well. Pool outside was yucky, didn't want to swim in it. If you are looking for a cheap no frills place, this will do. Just don't expect any kind of luxury.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
STUDIO CITY
Reviewed July 28, 2013

first I must say, do not believe all the bad reports, the staff were very nice.. Overly nice and accommodating. we arrived on Sunday afternoon and our room was GREAT! we had a BIG spa tub and queen suite ready. Nice clean room. grounds were nice and very close within walking distance to the marina and bowling alley and to the village.

I would recommend this place and would stay here again. not to mention that they welcome pets.
I RECCONMEND

Room Tip: there is no air-conditioning, but fans and that suited us.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James S
Orcutt, California
Reviewed June 24, 2013

DO NOT GO HERE! We found this hotel through Groupon. Needless to say we will never use Groupon for our vacations again! We have never stayed in hotel this awful before. Our room had a strong odor of mold and dirty feet. The enamel in the bath tub was chipping off off and looked very dirty. Vertical blinds were broken and Windows felt like they would fall out of the slider when we opened them. Our room was next to the staff smoking area which seemed like every 10 minutes another staff member was smoking outside. Coffee maker did not work. Refrigerator had a broken seal so would not keep food cold dispite having it set to the coldest setting. Walls and ceiling were paper thin. The guest upstairs started pacing at 5:30 AM and sounded like the ceiling would cave in. The front door had a stain glass window so by 6:00 AM the room was completely lit. So between the paced and the light there was no way we were going to be able to sleep in. Save your money and go anywhere else! Trust me anywhere else would be better this this dive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
La Habra, California
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I ended up staying here, not by choice but pretty much had to. I had a very bad and stressful experience. I booked through BigBear-dot-com originally at Bear Creek, sister property, 3 months in advance. I ended up changing my arrival date (1 day early) by calling their reservation office. The guy on the phone confirmed and even SENT me an email confirmation and I thought we were set. I guess I was supposed to contact BigBear-dot-com, but the reservations agent didn't tell me that...
When we arrived there was no cabin for me. I had nowhere to go and Jacqueline, the GM was not willing to help me or take the blame for their mistake. She had absolutely no customer service skills and was so cynical. Nobody ever apologized once, ever. She made me feel it was my mistake and even told me I would have to pay for the night if I wanted to stay here. She called the Big Bear association and pretty much told them to deal with it because she wasn't. They did and were so kind and apologized for a mistake they didn't commit. Jacqueline was not willing to give up her suite at Fireside without first collecting some extra money from me. Well the Association arranged everything for me and that's how I ended up here for one night. But had to move to Bear Creek (sister property) for the second night. Please save yourselves the stress and book elsewhere, the don't deserve anyones business.

For Accomodations:
We stayed in room 4. Consisted of 2 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, kichenette and living room area with fireplace. It looked clean when we first got there. My mother ended up cleaning the microwave. It was soo gross the previous guests heated something that spilled out and made a mess that wasn't cleaned up before we checked in. She had to clean it up. The window sill behind the futon/sofa in the living room was so dirty, there was dust and cup rings printed on it. Gross. The restrooms and everything else appeared clean, but they need to pay attention to detail in areas mentioned. It was great that there were 3 full bathrooms. It's so convenient when you have several adults. There is free Wi-Fi it was convenient and worked well from our room. Check in is 3pm which is fine, but check out is 10am is too early especially when you have to worry about cleaning everything for housekeeping, if you don't you could get charged a fee. The front desk agents were nice. But will NEVER return to any of their properties and I will make sure people I know about my experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family