“Great escape!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Laguna Niguel
“Great escape!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

What a fantastic place to come and get away from it all! Our two labs Hunter and Hudson were in heaven with all the hiking and leash free surroundings. We loved all the little extras that were delivered each day. Yum! My favorite part was waking up to the sound of the lions roaring next door that echoed through the forest. My 11 year old son loved it too. We can't wait to go back in the snow! This was such a pleasant surprise to find Cienaga Creek Ranch. Thank you Vickie and Scott! You run a top notch place! We give it 10 out of 10 paws!!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Oceanside, California
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I just moved to San Diego from New Hampshire so immediately we were missing the northeast as soon as we knew the leaves were changing and the temperatures were dropping. Not only that we have an Australian Shepherd that we rescued and we just didn't want to leave him to take a vacation without him before we are sure that he knows he is with us for good. This was our SAVING GRACE! The Cienaga Ranch is idyllic - with miles of property where you can hike with your dog off leash! The leaves were even changing and the escape from the hot temperatures was fabulous. The cabin we stayed in (Wild Rose) was perfect - we peaked in at some of the others and they were gorgeous too - clean and cozy. Vickie even makes you these INCREDIBLY delicious cinnamon rolls and other warm baked goods right out of the oven - PERFECT for right after your day of hiking. Big Bear is not far away and we even spent a day walking through the town and exploring. We couldn't be more thankful for the perfect 4 day escape we were looking for :) Thanks so much Vickie and Scott!!

Room Tip: Wild Rose was great - all the cabins have their own element of privacy and grills! We grilled our ow...
2 Thank Stacey S
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I were so excited to get out of the hectic city and enjoy a quiet weekend in the mountains. We were beyond pleased with the results. We had not idea how peaceful and wonderful it was going to be at Cienaga Creek Ranch until we arrived. Our cabin was off the main road and it allowed our dogs the ability to be off leash all weekend and just explore nature. The hiking was fabulous, the mountain air amazing and cabin - perfect. We were spoiled with fresh baked goodies and amazing hospitality. We definitely will return! Thank you!!!!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My daughter found a brochure for Cienaga Creek Ranch at our vet's office, and begged us for months to come up with our dogs. For once, I'm THRILLED that she didn't stop begging! Our family had never been to Big Bear, and it was everything and more than described. The Cienaga Creek Ranch, and specifically our cabin - Ironwood - was beautiful, warm, comfortable, accommodating and fun. From Vickie's delicious baking, to the Milk Bones for the dogs, the scented pine cones for the fireplace, the lovely skylights, jacuzzi tub, and even the howling lions and coyotes, made for a very special weekend. Our dogs never stopped smiling from the moment they got out of the car without their leashes on! The hiking was spectacular with lovely views and vistas around every corner. Plenty to do nearby, too - Big Bear Lake and the Village is but a short 15 minute drive away. Before we even checked out to leave, our kids and dogs made us promise to bring them back soon!!! Only problem is that I haven't stopped raving about our weekend, and have told every single one of our friends that they absolutely have to go. Hopefully we'll still be able to get a reservation next time we want to come! Thank you Scott & Vickie for the lovely hospitality!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Victoreen, Owner at Cienaga Creek Ranch, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
We are so glad you picked up one of our brochures and were able to visit with your family and your two pups! Nothing pleases us more than to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you and your family again!
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed October 30, 2012

As a single gal looking for some peace and quiet - I was reluctant to make a reservation at a place that seemed more suited to couples with pets. Based on the glowing recommendation from my client I booked my adventure. Through the years, I have had numerous opportunities to visit the Big Bear area - but i enjoyed the 8,000 + foot elevation views, rock formations and trees better than those close to town. I stayed at the Ironwood Cottage and had a delightful skylight over the bed. I was able to watch the constellations move across the night's sky. I enjoyed every moment and every small detail the hosts put into my visit from the cleanliness of the cottage, to the fresh coffee beans and delectable baked goods. I am looking forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: Each cottage is located to have it's own private view. I would stay in any of them.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Victoreen, Owner at Cienaga Creek Ranch, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Marty,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your visit! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will visit us again!
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was our second time to Cienaga Creek for our 2nd anniversary. Twice now, my husband and I have had the opportunity to choose between caribbean beaches or Cienaga Creek Ranch in Big Bear. Hands down, we agree that we have chosen Big Bear without regrets. My husband, puppy, and I hiked every day, finding screen saver worthy nooks and views, with still more trails to explore next time. Vicky left so many personal touches that made our trip that much more wonderful. The cabin is so comfortable, you truly can have adventurous days with every comfort, jacuzzi and fireplace included, to still feel relaxed and welcome. I've even started tracking the meteor showers, hopefully our schedules will allow us to go back sooner than once a year! Many friends and family are jealous of our fun stories and beautiful pictures, I'm sure you'll be seeing them soon too. Thank you again so much for another wonderful trip. Can't wait 'til next time!

1 Thank Diana L
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Wonderful welcoming atmosphere,
Clean as a whistle,
Attention to every detail,
Nothing in the area compares.
PCT Trail crosses the property,
lions and tigers and bears next door
- who could ask for more? :)

We initially chose to stay here because these cabins are close to some of our favorite hiking trails on San Gorgonio - South Fork Trail, Aspen Grove Trail and Fish Creek Trail. As a bonus, the cabin elevation, at over 8000 ft, provides good conditioning for going up higher in the mountains. The abundance of trails crossing the property makes staying here a destination in itself.

Room Tip: We stayed in a cabin called Hunter's Lodge. This and a couple of neighboring cabins were constr...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Victoreen, Owner at Cienaga Creek Ranch, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay in Hunter's Lodge - it was a pleasure meeting you two and we hope that you visit us again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Big Bear Region
#1 of 2 in Fawnskin
Alpenhorn Bed and Breakfast Inn
Alpenhorn Bed and Breakfast Inn
#1 of 16 in Big Bear Region

Been to Cienaga Creek Ranch? Share your experiences!