“Very nice stay”

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Big Bear Region
California
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

While a little outdated, this was a quiet little place with very nice amenities. The staff was top notch! Everyone was beyond nice! I liked having fireplaces in the bedroom and the living area. I could have wished for curtains to block out the morning light, but we had everything else we needed and were even able to rent movies free of charge.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelintoHistory

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed October 16, 2011

This was the second time that we have stayed here...and we will be back! Great service and value! Great location also!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank fortunealesa
socal
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed for 1 week. Were given 3rd floor end unit on the back end of the property. Had privacy and no loud noises except every morning at 9 am a garbage truck would pickup the trash out in the back. They were doing some construction on the driveway on the property that week, which was a bit of a nuisance. The parking spots filled up very quickly in the early evening. It is located about a 3 minute drive to the village and marina. Also, go to Vons or Stater Bros. market for some food, which is a short drive. The room was ok. Nothing fancy just basic needs. could use some updating. Spoke to another couple and said their room looked like it had been recently remodeled. Pool is a bit small and the jacuzzi is in a separate area. Overall, very good lodge which could use some updating.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Rickrae60
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed January 1, 2011

We visited with family, including young children over thanksgiving. The resort is located close to the downtown area near restaurants & entertainment. We originally checked into a room through our timeshare. We had to change it because it was on 3rd floor & w our kids it would be difficult to go up/down. Just glancing the room, we noticed it was a bit outdated (furniture & amenities). We requested another room lower level. They only had second floor #205. This room looked more updated in furniture & appliances. Full kitchen & separate bedroom from living area where pull out couch is located. I wonder if it is haunted because in the middle of the night I woke up to find a strange red light coming from the master bathroom. I got up and closed the bathroom door only to wake up again to find the door opened...strange since im light sleeper & didn't hear my spouse get up. Also, in the middle of the night, I thought my 4 yr old was crawling into bed bed w me because I felt someone sit on the bed near my feet. Well, my 4 yr old was sound asleep in the other room. I was also really cold in the room despite the heater being tuned on to 84degrees! The most bizarre thing is that my mom who also stayed w us, said she saw a "man" walk into the room at one point during our stay and didn't think anything of it thinking it was my father, but he had left to play out in the snow w my 4 yr old and wasn't even in the room. We were supposed to stay one more night but decided to head home early. I did not want to spend another night there!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank CALosAngeles
orange county, ca
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I don't know where to start.....this lodge was AWESOME!! I walked in and it was like an apartment. We received a room that has been remodled and everything was perfect. The bed was comfortable, the restrooms were clean, the living room and kitchen were clean and spacious. The whole thing was GREAT!! We took the girls swimming in the pool and they enjoyed it and we enjoyed the spa (spa is little but very quiet and refreshing). The staff was VERY, VERY nice, kind and helpful. We will DEFINTELY come again and I will let my family know how wonderful this lodge was. Thank You for a relaxing and restful weekend!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank sweetlove12
London, UK
Reviewed August 4, 2010

We visited this place as a single night stop and to be honest it's not what this is designed for. The suites are huge and there's loads of activities for families, obviously not really appropriate for us as a couple, but you could live here in snow season with the kids and have an awesome time. Decor was a little folksy but the rooms were clean and tidy. Good value too.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lexiflamingo
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed June 20, 2010

I asked for a top floor (3 floors total); We were assigned the 3rd floor in the 2nd building (only 2 buildings). The room was a corner room which had additional windows backing onto the residential street. Can not view lake from resort. Wonderful daily activities in the main check-in area. Had free Internet access from check-in area which was handy for checking emails and airport business. In the middle of several restaurants and lake activities. Rent a bike and explore for a day. Take the ski lift to the top, with or without your bike. Take the Steam Boat Tour for 1.5 hours. Rent a kayak on the north shore (much calmer and especially rent in the morning hours). Lots of squirrels. Never saw a bear. Trash recepticles aren't even bear protected. Day trip to Arrowhead Lake & Little Green Valley Lake. The drive from Ontario Airport to Big Bear in the mid-morning of June 10th was very interesting. Lots of fog. I mean can't barely see the white or yellow lines type of fog, but lots of pull outs for people not comfortable driving in. You finally drive out of it, but be prepared for the fog. The rooms were perfect. 2 full baths. 1 full bedroom with queen pull out in the living room. 2 gas fireplaces-very nice. The kitchen had everything you would need. Hit a grocery store in town and stock up on necessities. Bathroom has hair dryer. Towels are replaced each day. Sheets once a week. 1 parking spot per room, No A/C. But windows and plenty of fans in the room were more then sufficient. Used the heated swimming pool twice - nice. All to our selves and clean. Had a hot tub, but didn't try. We will return.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple