Big Bear Lake Front Lodge
Robinhood Resort(Big Bear Lake)(Great Value!)
$60
Cozy Hollow Lodge(Big Bear Region)(Great Value!)
$79
Orbitz.com
Grey Squirrel Resort(Big Bear Region)
$110
Orbitz.com
Big Bear Frontier(Big Bear Lake)(Great Value!)
$89
$86
Travelocity
Best Western Big Bear Chateau(Big Bear Region)(Great Value!)
$101
Agoda.com
Snow Lake Lodge(Big Bear Region)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Marina Resort(Big Bear Region)(Great Value!)
$109
$105
Travelocity
Pine Knot Guest Ranch(Big Bear Lake)(Great Value!)
$129
Official Site
Cathy's Country Cottages(Big Bear City)(Great Value!)
$66
TripAdvisor
Three Pines Lodge(Big Bear Region)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewslakefront roombig bear lakewonderful view of the lakespa roomstaff were kindboat dockroom was largeget awayhiking trailsdefinitely stay here againcoffee makerbalconyfireplacevillagemicrowavegasmountains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 5, 2008

We enjoyed our stay at the lodge. Our room was equipped with a refrigerator and microwave which was convenient for quick meals. Our room was very comfortable and had a nice fireplace. Most memorable was the amazing view of the lake. We would watch the sunrise from our balcony and take in all the beauty. The lodge is very close to Big Bear Village where there are many fun shops and terrific restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2008

I booked this through the internet. When we (my sister, daughter, and a friend) got there, I was told that the internet had "overbooked" the hotel, (even though the parking lot was empty) and we had nowhere to stay. I was assured that I would not be charged. Later in the month, I received my cc bill, which showed the charge. When asked, Big Bear Lakefront Lodge claimed that I had never been there to claim my room, and I would be charged the entire amount. I don't know if it was because of my appearance, last name, or if they just thought I was just stupid. I don't want to throw out the race card, but I guess I just did, for the first time in my life. Glenn Fukushima

Stayed: January 2008
4  Thank fuke
Reviewed January 24, 2008

I stayed at this motel for two nights and found it to be satisfactory.

The location is convenient for the town centre. It's just a short walk away, which for the price was a pleasant surprise.
The rooms are pretty basic but clean. They could do with a new paint job but it was warm enough.

We had plenty of hot water and was able to use wifi in the room.

The lodge is right on the lake and offers some amazing views. It was frozen over as it was january but I imagine this would be a great place to stay in the Summer.

The lodge is also close to the ski area, which is fantastic considering you are just two hours drive from the beach.
The snow conditions were perfect, although the runs are short compared to what you can get in Europe.

All in all. This accommodation is good for the price. However, in this area if you want something a little more luxurious be prepared to pay double or triple for it.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 10, 2008

My friend, her dog, my daughter, and I decided to make a last minute trip to Big Bear to see the snow. We booked our room online and were on our way. We arrived 20 minutes after the office closed for the evening and the employee for the evening was nice enough to come back and check us in. We paid $140 for a lakeview room with two beds, kitchenette, and electric fireplace. She charged our credit card, handed us our key, and was on her way. The view was great but the room was horrible. WE HAD NO HEAT and NOT A WORKING FIREPLACE. We called the employee back and was told to wait 30 minutes and the heat would come on. 30 minutes came and went and still no heat. We had no one to call. We froze all night all in one bed. 8:30 am, 9:00, 9:30, and 10:00 we made numerous trips to the office and still no one there...meanwhile the office hours posted were 8 am to 8 pm. We gathered our belongings and left with the key. Finally, around noon, we returned to the establishment with the key only to get a chilly reception and no apologies. The new lady at the front desk was extremely rude and wanted to hear none of our story, claiming she wasn't the manager and she could do nothing about it. We left that place Tuesday morning and it is now Thursday and have yet to receive a phone call from the manager or anyone else for that matter. That place has absolutely no idea what customer service is, and they need to clean the trash from behind the beds. WE WILL NOT BE GOING BACK.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank SPDWRTR
Management17, Operations Mgr at Big Bear Lake Front Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2009

There were two heaters in the room you stayed in. The fireplace had a switch on the wall that needed to be flipped up to be activated. When the night manager called you back immediatetly after you called our answering service (most lodges in Big Bear close early during inclement weather) and indicated that you needed to turn the switch on to turn the heat on she felt everything was okay and you had located the switch above the fireplace (gas) and the wall thermostat. It does take 20 minutes or so for a room to warm up once the heat is turned on. It's a shame you didn't call us back as we have a night mtnce. tech that could have assisted you. The manager was in the laundry room when you came by the office and was never aware you were still unhappy as you didn't call her back the night before.

Reviewed January 2, 2008

My family and I try to get up tp Big Bear every summer, and love the feeling of being far enough removed from our San Diego home but close
enough that we're looking at only a two and a half hour drive each way.
We decided to stray away from our normal lodge this past summer and looked for someplace new, and what a FIND. The Big Bear Lakefront Lodge is our new digs. Wonderful view of the lake, mountains, and sunsets. Easy access to the major roads but also secluded and very quiet so no highway noise.

SInce we were used to another facility for so many years I used Tripadvisor to read numerous reviews of many properties and I was so amused by the "horror stories" people write about lodging in the mountains. Yes folks there are bugs and squirrels and probably other creepy crawly things all over the place, but try to remember...YOUR OUTDOORS in THE WOODS, sheesh!!! If you want 5 Star type accomodations
don't even bother going to the mountains, if you're looking for charm,
nature and the opportunity for family bonding, then Big Bear Lake and this little treasure are for you.

Pluses...good location and great views, you are right on the lake, ask
for a room facing the lake, rooms are hotel style with kitchens, fireplaces, full baths, and very good front office and room staff, there is a small play area with table games and vending machines. The downside...Property grounds are a bit small, as my family was used to running around and playing games like Whiffle Ball, Volleyball and pretty much taking over the old place we stayed at, which was a cabin property and allowed the kids and myself to stretch out more and just hang out on the grounds.

There is no pool here, but there is that great big blue lake just calling your name. Parking is a bit tight, but thats because people were taking two spaces for their boat trailers so if your bringing a boat you may want to call the property and ask for suggestions.

Overall on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being best...We gave it a 4 1/2.

Stayed: August 2007