“Great room and location”

Big Bear Lake Front Lodge
SAN JACINTO
“Great room and location”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Room 1A was awesome. It's like a little studio with a kitchenette and fireplace. The only thing is that if your're a light sleeper try to get the top floors as you can hear them walking above.

Room 11 I stayed in the following weekend (I was a vendor at Oktoberfest), and was clean and cozy. Heater worked GREAT. The only thing on this one was the toilet would run every 10 min or so and so in order to sleep I had to shut the bathroom door as it was a little loud. Room was smaller on this one.

This hotel is right on the water though with some gorgeous views. You can also go out in the morning and feel the peacefulness of the lake before heading out. :-)

I highly recommend this place! :-)

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Murietta, CA
Reviewed October 25, 2012

After reading reviews we were skeptical about the place, but we booked and were very pleased. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. We had a lake view room, it was quiet and peaceful. My only complaint would be the water in the bathroom did got get very hot, it was luke warm. The fire place in the room was perfect. We would stay again!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Bernardino, California
Reviewed October 21, 2012

If you dont like the rustic outdoorsy feel of the mountains, (which if you didnt you wouldnt come to big bear) then go stay at the upity hotels and get your room service. Lake Front Lodge was such a comfortable relaxing lodge on the lake, it was a nice get away! Very clean, great staff, helpful! We had a very relaxing time, no its not the Ritz, but that isnt what I wanted in the mountains! I Will be back!!! Thanx lake front for making my weekend Worth it!!!

Room Tip: Room 23 was great facing the lake! Next time I would like the 1st floor facing the lake, 8, 10, 12...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
oxnard
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I wanted a view of lake because I was travelling with my parents and sometimes the hotel is all we can manage. The view was great and I liked how the room was decorated. I thought there was a kitchenette. My mistake, it appears the lakeview rooms only have sink, microwave and refrigerator. A few dishes but no bowl for our cereal. No dresser and a light only near one bed. Only two chairs inside and two on the balcony. The room smelled a little musty. The bed was comfortable and I don't find that often. We found the staff friendly. I would not recommend for wheelchair or people with trouble getting around. Would have marked the lodge higher if I didn't have to pay $149 per night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cynsummers
Upland, California
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I found this Hotel to be delightful for a getaway spot in the cool breeze of Big Bear Lake! It isn't a Luxury Hotel, it is a quaint nook on the lake to spend a day or two for a couple, or family. My experience Labor Day weekend..1. Less than $100 per nght on the WEEKEND!, 2. VERY clean rooms with nice furnishings; has a real bathroom with vanity- drawers and cabinet to stow toiletries, etc. 3. my room faced the inside garden-I was pleasantly suprised by the soft music and sound of the fountain I could hear if I left the balcony door open; creating a serene feel as I awakened! I did not have a kitchnett room, but there is a bar for entertaining or serving. Room was large.Fireplace. BBQ areas.Close to everything.You can bring your boat or canoe and dock it ! OK-they need to upgrade the TV..but ...who came to watch TV! I will stay often now as the price is very affordable.

Room Tip: Ask for the Back building on the Lake. Even if you get an inside room the access is really good. The...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
LakeFront L, General Manager at Big Bear Lake Front Lodge, responded to this review, October 18, 2012

Ventura, California
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Our room was on the interior, facing the courtyard. We saw lake front rooms with great views of the lake,but they were not available when we reserved.Our beds were comfortable- 2 queens. Kitchenette was handy to feed the growing kids late night snacks; microwave, refrig., sink, 4 plates & cutlery were provided. Room 18 needs a modern TV,but we were not in the room much, so it was OK.We parked our bikes on the large room balcony.We launched our canoe from the docks on the hotel property, we fished from the docks too.The hotel provides Santa Maria style BBQ's and picnic benches.Big Bear Village is a 10 minute walk, 5 min.bike ride, 2 min.by car.Staff was great. Don't expect fancy, as this is Big Bear and no 4Season resorts here. Take your family and have fun!We think this was nicest and best located hotel in Big Bear.We would return to stay here.

Room Tip: Avoid the parking lot rooms. Room 18 was interior facing the courtyard. It held 4 people comfortably...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Just got back from an overnight stay at big bear and this place exceeded our expectation!initially booked a garden view room but upon arriving on the property we realized a room with a view of the lake is just too beautiful to pass.so we decided to try our luck for an open spot for a lakeview room.the only room they got was the spa room with only one king size bed.we got 2 children with us but the staff were kind enough to offer us 2 roll away beds for the price of one!property location is great and staffs are friendly!we will definitely be back and stay here again!:)

• Stayed August 2012