“DONOT GO”

Big Bear Lake Front Lodge
LA
“DONOT GO”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Horrible place , Rude ppl, dirty rooms , Custemer service 0 . they tell u its lake view , but its not ,
We went to this place over the laber day weekend i paid $240 a night just to be lake front room, it was not , the room didnt even have a fan , asked the girl who was working that day( Rachel) to change the room or give money back, she changed our room with the attitude. i would NOT recomend this place. go somewhere more cheapper w nice ppl that can take care of U

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank nairiz
Management17, Manager at Big Bear Lake Front Lodge, responded to this review, October 2, 2011
Hello. We apologize for the guest experience at our inn. Your reservation was for a garden room that does not have a view of the lake. We have spoken with Rachel and she is very sorry for her actions. We will continue training her in the future. We hope you will give us a chance on a future visit.
Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed September 1, 2011

At this Lodge you will find friendly staff and a wonderful view of the Lake. We have been here a few times and it has always been great. The rooms are nice and if you need anything they will bring it to you. Its a great location for a reunion or a quick week end get away. They are walking distance to downtown, shopping and a large selection of food and entertainment. Beds are comfortable and rooms have small kitchen area. Give it a try you will not be disappointed. Oh ya you can bring small dogs too if you cant live without them like me..

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank val e
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I’m all about expectations when traveling and this is especially helpful in Big Bear where the accommodation range is extensive.

First, none of the rooms identified as “suites” really are suites. The Kitchen, Garden, Spa and Lakefront “suites” are all single room hotel rooms with no separate bedroom. There is only one real suite and it is a two bedroom suite with a full kitchen. This unit is shown on the website but is not identified on the property map. In this suite, bedroom needs to be defined loosely here as there is no closet, no dresser and no TV in the master bedroom. The only bathroom in the suite is accessible only through this master bedroom.

At the Big Bear Lake Front Lodge you …

Can expect: pretty good location, comfortable beds, clean bedding, working kitchen appliances, hot water, reasonable quiet, great views, lake access (including boat dock for swimming or boating), generally friendly staff, generally clean rooms (our carpet clearly had not been vacuumed but was cleaned upon request), small but safe play area for kids 4 and up.

Cannot expect: dish soap, dish towels, working lights in refrigerator / stove, toaster, anything other than basic cooking utensils (eg. no spatulas), cooking knives (i.e. cannot cut an apple),mixing / serving bowls (we tossed salad in a sauce pan), BBQ tools, charcoal, matches, ice (even for purchase and despite what the room book says), ice trays, TV channel guide, alarm clocks, phone in room, screens on all windows, pillowcases on all pillows or real houskeeping services during your stay. If you ask the front desk for any of these items, you can expect to get a nicely stated “NO”.

Bottom line: Good place to stay if you can get a solid discount and can bring with you all of the things you will find lacking in the rooms.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank SanDieg0Fam
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Stayed overnight in room 17 & 19, 2nd floor, great lake view and you can fish, play and take pictures by the lake. There is a small veranda to relax at. Rooms are old but has microwave and refrigerator which saved us from eating out. The blankets are warm, the bed comfy. The bathroom is small but clean. The lady receptionist during check in was not very friendly, although we did not really have so much interaction with her. Very near the Marina where you can rent boats. We used Fish Big Bear Charter Service by Curt Dills and caught 19 fishes in 2 hrs. He and Mike were superb! We all had a blast on the lake.

Room Tip: Get 2nd floor room so no obstructions.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
anaheim, California, USA
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I really enjoyed staying here at the Big Bear Lake Front Lodge, It was great and had a lot of fun over the weekend. The staff employee member behind the desk was very pleasant and very nice as well. The room was very cozy and me and my husband had a nice night. The only thing we didn't like was the quality of their products. The toilet paper felt that they should be for bear's bathroom needs not humans. Very rough. The shampoo that was there felt like lotion. The bathroom soaps are not that great as I became very dry. I travel all the time almost on a bi-monthly basis, I need to make sure I bring my own supplies to this hotel.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hotelqueensexpert
Reviewed May 7, 2011

This place is conveniently located near Snow Summit - a few minutes away.

We were here a week ago. We loved our experience here so much that we didnt want to look for another place to stay.

Let me start off with the location, it's right in front of the lake. It's gorgeous. It's breathtaking.

The staff are courteous and extremely accommodating. They always make sure that you're well taken care of.

Overall, this place is great!!

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank DatenaazM
so. cal
Reviewed April 1, 2011

I purchased a voucher for a two night stay for $175 through Sign On San Diego. Two weeks ago I called to make reservations for a stay from March 31st to April 2nd for my family of 5. I was upfront about using the voucher I purchased and gave them the voucher # and was told that based on the size of my family and vacancy, that we would be put in a family suite. Upon arriving yesterday, however I learned that we were put in a 2 queen bed room. I asked about the family suite and I was told, with no apology or explanation, that the 2 queen bed room was the biggest room “the voucher” would allow. If you could replace the word "voucher" with "cockroach" you get an idea for how they felt about our voucher. Upon entering the room, I knew immediately, that it would not work for my family. Not only was the room dark, dated and dingy, but it was just too small. Two queen beds for a family of five, no way! Furthermore, the room was no better than what I would expect at a roadside motel. I felt completely ripped off! I asked if we could get a roll-away cot (really hoping they would offer to move us to a more comfortable room) but was told it would cost us another $50 a night! My family was eager to get to the slopes for an afternoon ski session, so we left our things there. We arrived back at the lodge at 4:00 in the afternoon and unanimously decided that we would rather endure a 2.5 hour drive home than spend even one night in this lodge that even my 10 year old said was too “yucky” to stay in. We checked out just 5 hours after checking in for what was supposed to be a 2 night stay. A couple of things should be noted, the young woman at the desk did not inquire why we were leaving. I am sure this was not the first time this has happened and so she did not need or care for an explanation. Also, the property was completely deserted. I’m pretty sure we were the only guests! Not moving us to a larger room (after being told that is what we would get) was pure “not giving a crap” on the part of management. They did not care if we were unhappy and left, because they already got their money from us through the voucher. I should also add, that they charged us almost $20 for room tax that the voucher did not cover! I feel completely taken advantage of. One of the benefits of purchasing vouchers from sites such as “sign on” is that you assume the vendors have been vetted and you can trust that you are purchasing based on a recommendation by a “friend”. If any friend of mine recommended me to a place like this, they would not be my friend for long. It was an old, dingy “motel” quality lodging that held no charm and frankly, was a little gross and creepy. I am completely baffled by the good reviews and can only gather they were made by friends of the owners or by folks with extremely low expectations. I did not even bother to get any kind of satisfaction from the young women working in the office. I Cannot express enough how much they did NOT care. I will take it up with SIGN ON SAN DIEGO and hope they display better customer service and will be more conscientious about their referrals in the future.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with family