“Much better than I expected! Lots to see!”

Big Bear Historical Museum
Folsom, CA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Much better than I expected! Lots to see!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I took my kids who are 5 and 7 here and they had so much fun! I didn't expect much but there was so much to see and do here. It was only $5 for me and the kids were free! Kids are free with paying adult! They also sell sarsaparilla (like root beer) for $3/each in the old saloon. We started in the main building which was typical museum stuff. Then we visited an old cabin, old school house, blacksmith shop, panned for gold (fool's gold) and visited other things on the property. It was a hidden gem in Big Bear! I would absolutely recommend this for families, singles or seniors. Plan about an hour and a half there. Really neat museum for the area!

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Erika_Folsom_CA

Huntington Beach, CA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“So much to see here : )”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Great place to see the history of Big Bear. So many people have donated items for our viewing. They've got little buildings to visit: school house, cabin, barns, etc. Usually a working black smith on site who shares what he makes. Very interesting site to visit.

Visited June 2012
3 Thank Siameseldy
Riverside, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“We liked it.”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Nice museum. We enjoyed walking around and becoming informed about the area.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank Judy L
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A surprise gem”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

What an unexpected and lovely stop on our weekend! Museum is filled with incredible finds -- log cabins, mining equipment, gold panning, blacksmithing, etc. -- and volunteers throughout the property help answer any questions you may have. It is clear that this is a labor of love. Great spot for kids & families...definitely recommend!

Visited May 2012
4 Thank k23p
Green Valley, California
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Neat Place”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I watched a Huell Howser episode awhile back on this place and decided to finally stop by before I headed home. Really interesting photos and artifacts of the area before it became built up. Regrettably, all the pictures I took disappeared off my sd card. I recommend going here at least once if you are a history buff and/or want to get away from the crowds.

Visited June 2011