“Great value wine and room”
Review of Wolf Creek Resort

Wolf Creek Resort
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We needed a get away and drove up to big bear we noticed a sign that said wine room and hotel. We stopped I. To see what this wine room was about and was pleasantly pleased. Right away the staff made you feel at home we sat next to the fire place and enjoyed some live music and great tasting wine. We enjoyed the cheese and deli platter and had a few more glasses of wine we were having so much fun we did not want this to end the manager hooked us up with a great deal on a room our cabin was clean and comfortable. The best part of the night we drank great wine ate great food and walked to the cabin. Very classy. Place. We will be back and next time bring some of our friends

• Stayed: January 2014
There are newer reviews for Wolf Creek Resort

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed here with my family for 3 days recently. When we got there it seemed really nice, it looked like the pictures from the outside and the location was great. When I checked in the front desk people weren't too friendly. When we got in the room it was very small! I'm guessing chalet means small. My kids are 12 and 16 so for us that room was way too small. The only good thing about this place is it is really close to the Village and about a 5 minute drive to the local markets. I was told there was internet service but they said it had been down for a few days. It wasn't snowing and the weather was great so I don't understand how it was "weather related". We needed an iron/ironing board but when I called the front desk I was told I needed to ask the maid. The maid came after I asked for fresh towels and told me the front office has one. I had to drive to Kmart and buy one. I went to the front desk a couple of hours later and asked for maid service since the maid only left us fresh towels. In the most sarcastic tone of voice you can imagine the front desk lady tells me "well what do you want, you already had maid service this morning?" I said "no, we only got fresh towels". She then says to me "well they won't come in and wash your dishes if that's what you're asking for". I felt really insulted. I snapped back and said " um no I am capable of washing my own dishes which I did! I need the small carpet vacuumed, is all, I already made the bed and cleaned up and I also had to go buy my own iron since I was told you don't have any here so now I'm guessing I need to go buy a broom?!?!". She handed my an ironing board and said "you can use this, I don't know who told you we didn't have any but here you go and well now for the cleaning you have to tell THOSE people what you want done or they just won't do it". I was fuming by then. I get that maids are Mexican and barely spoke english but that is no way to refer to anyone. While the maid was vacuuming a man from the front desk walked into our room and spoke to as if she were a child. Saying "you need to use the front door only when you go in the office, you got that the front door only. You can't bother the other worker she said while she's working in the back, so only go in the front door and tell your sisters too." She looked really embarrassed. My family felt that should have waited until she left our room. She was very nice and polite and apologized for not cleaning up faster. I just felt awful for her. When we checked out they did give me a coupon for $50 off my next stay "should I choose to visit again" but I won't be using it.

Room Tip: Pros: close to the Village, small fridge/freezer combo and a stove. The bed was very comfortable. C...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
WCR41421, Manager at Wolf Creek Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

I do remember you and I"m sorry for your troubles.As far as the front desk, the clerks are very nice and will help on what you need. I remember you asking me for the iron and board and I did give this to you, I was not aware you had a problem, you should of let know then if I was not being friendly.
The Chalets are very nice and small. You book this with booking engine. If you had any Questions you could of called us directly and I would of been happy to tell you about the chalets and any other rooms we may have had at the time.
The internet was not weather related it is just down for now, but is being worked on.
On the $50 chip please use it. If you go on our web site Reservations@wolfcreek-resort.com
look at our 2 bedroom cabins. We also rent out a 3 bedroom cabin. The chip will be a good thing for you and your comfort will be better in a bigger cabin.
I do hope will will see you again. Have a good day Bye Manager @ Wolf Creek resort

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We got a groupon for a two night stay at this place. It was very clean and while the rooms weren't big or luxurious, they were nicely appointed and had everything you would need. Also, good location (easy to find, easy to park, close to everything). The outside look like little cabins, which is cute. The only down side really is that there was no A/C....it got a bit hot/stuffy and being two girls, we didn't feel comfortable opening a window overnight. But this was the only real downside - overall, a definite value for the $$!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We didn't stay at the resort but went to the Wine Room for the entertainment which is available only on ThFSS. This is basically a wine bare with beer available and assorted appetizers to pair with the wine. Although they had a wide variety of wines available, they are attempting to become a winery and planted vines in 2012. Once operational they are claiming to be the highest altitude commercial vineyard in the northern hemisphere at 6,750 feet. Wine by the glass was on the high side but the entertainment was free and outstanding. On the we visited mostly locals showed up. Bill Baker was the singer/guitar player. He was quickly joined by friends in the audience. Surprisingly he performed from about 6 to 10 with only one 5 minute break. All I can say is WOW. A must see in Big Bear. Can't wait to see some of the other entertainers. Service was outstanding. Our server was outstanding and went out of her way to make sure we would like the wine we ordered by offering samples.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I went to Big Bear last weekend and stayed at Wolf Creek in a chalet (#21) with our lovely Bulldog Matilda. We bought a groupon for $150 for the weekend to stay in the motel/hotel portion, but we had to pay an extra $100 to book the chalet so we could stay with our dog ($50 upgrade fee and $50 pet fee). We thought it was pretty reasonable considering the fact that we also got tickets to a concert at The Cave in the village on Saturday night. Everyone that worked at Wolf Creek was super friendly and helpful. We checked in Friday with no problems, and we were pretty impressed with the little chalet. The only problem we really had with the room was that it seriously needed either ceiling fans or an air conditioner because in the August heat, it was super hot during the day and still pretty warm at night. Luckily they provided a tower fan, which we moved around the unit with us. Things you can't beat- the hotel is pet friendly, they have a free shuttle that will take you to the other properties owned by the Stone family (Bear Creek, The Cave and the Fireside Lodge) if you want to enjoy the wine room and still head into town or vice versa, and they have lovely grounds with a vineyard in the back! The free shuttle to the village, meeting the owner, a fun concert venue and the after party with the band at the Wine Room definitely made our trip memorable. I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: The chalets have a separate bedroom and a kitchen area- but they are on the smaller side so two per...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We usually stay the the sister hotel - Bear Creek Resort - when we're in Big Bear but it was sold out so we tried out this place.

The first impression of this hotel is how badly it lacks landscaping. The grounds are rather large and they don't really take care of them very well.

Second impression is that the cabins are extremely small. We got a "one bedroom" since there were two of us. We were told there was a futon for the second sleeper -- however -- you have to move every single piece of furniture in the room in order to get this futon open AND it blocks the door once open -- so say goodbye if there is a fire in the place! The futon is a bit difficult to open as well and I had a fist size bruise on my leg after trying to close it the second morning.

Other than these issues, it's in a good location and it was clean. So.. while I'll always return to the Bear Creek for it's Cabin space and beautiful grounds ... I'd probably keep looking past the Wolf Creek.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Laurenantics
Reviewed April 19, 2013

So fun! Beautiful Wine Room with an excellent wine selection. Always has live entertainment. The staff is very friendly. Be sure to order a bottle - a nice surprise of a set of yummy chocolate truffles is your reward. If in Big Bear, this is a must stop by!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends