“So much fun!!”

Action Zipline Tours
Ranked #2 of 20 Tours in Big Bear Region
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Action Zipline Tours are the most exciting way to experience Big Bear year-round, weather permitting. The three hour tour includes an off-road ride two miles into the forest in our safari jeeps, with nine high-speed zipline lines that run down our mountain for the most avid thrill-seekers, a beautiful suspension bridge with stunning views of Johnson Valley as a backdrop for it all, Action Zipline Tours is truly an adventure. Our all-inclusive tour is outdoor recreation at its best, and it's most exclusive. So whether you're planning a team-building retreat for a large group, or you're looking for something new to try with your family, Action Zipline Tours are the perfect way to spend your day in the mountains.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My husband and I had never been zip lining before so we thought we'd give it a whirl. Action Zip Line is very professional, courteous, and we never felt unsafe at any time. They have 9 lines and it took a little time to get used to the manual brakes (your gloved hand), I knew exactly how much brake to use before landing. I'd definitely do this again the next time that we are in Big Bear. They also take a lot of photos of each person and you may purchase single photos or the whole lot for a reasonable amount.

3  Thank KarenBrum

Reviewed May 21, 2012

We went zip lining yesterday morning and we both had an amazing time. I have to admit, that I was petrified at first, thinking I could always opt out after the first run, but surprisingly enough, I managed to have a great time and did all 9 runs!! The scenery was gorgeous, and they took some fun pictures of us that you can purchase. The staff was exceptional!!! Very friendly, knowledgeable and very patient (with me)...LOL One fashion tip to the ladies..........make sure you wear a longer shirt......some of us had shorter shirts on and with all the cables and gear, it kinda makes your shirt show your abdomen in some of the pictures. We both thought this was a great deal that we purchased through a groupon. Make sure you make your reservation, way ahead of time.....they book up fast and they run all year long.

5  Thank beintem
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I'd give the company 4 stars for friendliness and service. I'd give the activity of ziplining itself 2 stars. We used Groupons and so got 1/2 off which made it worthwhile. We went on 9 runs and they are pretty fun. But the rides are so short and the whole thing is over in a flash. I'm happy to have tried it once in life, but I don't think the thrill justifies the time and expense.

1  Thank Will2TravelMore
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The zip line is fabulous, but consider the Segway tour as well. So easy and more fun than you can imagine, like maneuvering your own personal 4-wheeler (but it's a 2-wheeler) through the mountain trails and along the lake. Our guide was great and we learned a lot about Big Bear while flying along with our stand-up racers!

1  Thank Grammygo
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We thought this particular zipline adventure would be similar, if not the same, as to that of our first zipline experience in another country. We thought wrong! At Action Zipline Tours, the platforms were so much higher, speeds were that much faster, and the staff...from the office personnel to the tour guides were AWESOME!!! The tour guides were knowledgeable, friendly, and patient. They also had a way of taking the nervousness out of you/the participants before launching off. Our final thought, ADD this particular zipline adventure with the entire staff of Action Zipline Tours EQUALS an adventure worth the experience!

For your safety and the safety of others around you, NO cameras and or cellphones are allowed on this tour. Because there will be several people on the same platform at the same time and these platforms are hundreds of feet above the ground, it is imperative that zipline participants are courteous and patient with one another...biggest help would be to cheer each other on. Remember, ENJOY the scenery as you're zipping though the trees.

3  Thank raema99