“The Worst Hotel We've Stayed In!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Knights Inn Big Bear Lake
Ranked #13 of 16 Big Bear Region B&B and Inns
Fiji
“The Worst Hotel We've Stayed In!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

This was one of the worst hotel stays we have ever had. First of all, we were sent to a building across the street & down a block from the main hotel. If there was security at this building, we sure didn't see it. Our room had filthy carpeting, the chairs had stains of unknown origin on them, there were long black hairs in the shower, the pool had a small amount of water in it that was filthy with all sorts of matter floating on top, the heater had no control to be found, and there was no screen over the window of our 2nd story room (we had 2 small children and the window opened completely)!!!!! When we brought all this to the attention of the man behind the desk, he simply said he could cancel our room and we could find a place somewhere else.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank fijijakes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Apple Valley, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

This place was filthy-looks nothing like it does in the pictures. Manager was disrespectful and the smell of the rooms was unbearable. I could go on, but I'll just end it with how I do not recommend this place for anyone!

Travelers are raving about these Big Bear Region hotels

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Let’s start off with the Customer Service witch had to be some of the ruddiest people I have ever met, used bad language, very disrespectful and hateful people. The manager Rick smoked inside and right outside of the lobby. Now the Room, mold in the shower, ants and black widows all over the bath room, holes in the Screen in the bathroom window, there were NO light bulbs in any of the lamps(he got mad because I ask for him to take a look and fix it) there were green and brown stains all over the bed, the TV didn’t work, wiring just hanging out the wall, Gas line for the fire place broken, stains on the fire place and when I ask him how to work the AC because it was 90 degrees in the room and 65 outside he very ruddily told me we don't have AC because it is big bear and you should know that. ALL in ALL this is the worst Room I have EVER SEEN!!! Do NOT stay here even if they pay you lol... this is a SH**HOLE!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Erick R
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I showed this this was a wyndham property, so I thought I was getting a great deal. It was labor day weekend for 3 night $204 + 20 pet fee. When I pulled up to the motel, I knew that this was going to be bad. The hotel is so run down from the outside, what used to by an out doore pool is not covered with cement. When I walked into the lobby, there was a very thick nasty looking carpet, which smelled. I could not get the key to the room until I paid the pet fee cash, so I had to run and do that. The area for supposedly a continetal breakfast was disgusting and it looked like the coffee pot had not been risned since they opened the motel. The first thing you saw when you open you room door is a hole about 10 inches long, no weatherstipping, but what would that matter? From the minute you walk in the carpet was covered with stains and cigerette burns. The unit had a wall heater with electrical hoses and parts out on the side, the heater was not even hooked up to the wall. The bathroom, there was rotting wood behind the sink, the floor was stained with black marks, the shower floor was discolored from where is was not cleaned. So we were on the bottom floor with rooms next door. The did not seem to be any insolation, because you could hear the other people in the side rooms talking and when I or them would walk the whole floor shock. The second night someone was in the room above, every time they walked it felt and sounded as if the floor was going to cave in. This place is a nightmare. I finished out my days because it was lobor day weekend and there were no rooms avaiable any where. This place should really be inspected to be condemded.

Room Tip: Do not ever stay here, spenp the extra couple books and stay somewhere else.
1 Thank Dmarie L
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

It was a busy w/e in Big Bear and I was looking for accomodation. Stopped by the hotel to check on vacancy. There was no one at the front desk. I said hello very loudly hoping someone would appear. After waiting with no response I went behind the desk area saying hello, is there anyone here. Suddenly a man appeared and started shouting at me, "What are you doing back here?" I had no opportunity to explain myself. Then he loudly told me to get out or he would call the police! And there was a customer in the lobby at the time! I have a degree in hospitality and was shocked by his behavior. Couldn't believe what I was hearing. I am definetely "slamming" this hotel. I may report this incident to the Better Business Bureau!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Ok, yes first of all this place will Never ever get full 5 stars for me. But 3 stars is fair, I think.
We stayed at Knights Inn for 2 nights just over the weekend.
I booked the room with 2 queen beds last minute on Friday, without even looking at the review! After I booked at the last minute and cannot be cancelled, I started reading the review and got panicked!
So I told my husband and my kids to prepare for the worst motel ever. We packed sleeping bags, toilet seat liners, bathroom tissue, Lysol spray, bug sprays for the mattress, etc, etc, etc.
Well, so we got there and we got the keys and entered the room... Turned out to be just OK! I expected the worst trust me!
So I guess the key is, don’t expect too much from the place and you will be just fine. They have hot showers, clean bathroom actually! They have ok mattress, small table and 2 chairs, electric outlets for the whole entire family to charge their ipods, ipads, iphones!
If you are planning to spend the entire vacation being inside the motel, then do not stay here because they do not have AC, just ceiling fan. But if you are planning to be outdoors most of the time like we did and use this place just to crash and shower, then you will be fine! For the last minute weekend price ($50 per night), I cant complaint much about it :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DaCa-13
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was our first vacation as a family with my wife and two kids, ages 2 and 4. We had to buy sheets and box fans from Kmart just to avoid heat stroke! Make sure you are up on your vaccinations such as tetinus and hep B before walking through the door. Shower never got hot, hole in the ceiling, tagging on lights, 1 ceiling fan that is horrible. We noticed a ton of dust and there was a paper explaining construction which we never saw. Pool says closed and has what looks like a bacteria storage growing inside of it. Try putting your 2 year old birthday girl down for a nap when it's 85 in the room. I'm just hoping this place waits to we leave before it catches on fire. Pretty sure nothing is to code. Do yourself a favor and get a tent and sleep in the grass somewhere.

• Stayed July 2013