“Disgusting!”

Knights Inn Big Bear Lake
Ranked #13 of 16 Big Bear Region B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel was the worst one we have ever stayed at in our entire life. was not worth the money we paid for the nights we were there. we actually upgraded to a suite and that was still horrible. there is No ac in the rooms the beds were dirty the windows had no window sills there was bugs and ants all over the counters only one tv that worked with no remote, it looked like a crime scene! I would rather pay more money then stay at a rat hole like this! if you care about your family you will not stay here plain and simple!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We have come to Big Bear for a weekend skiing many times, with two teens we just needed a place to crash, and really no choice last minute unless we wanted to pay a Kings Ransom. To say this place is a dump is giving insult to a dump. I did not see any roaches probably because they didn't survive. The toilet flooded, TV didn't work, shades half torn, hot wires dangling from ceiling, carpet disgusting, paint peeling, mattress sagging, window glass broken (OK, I could have made it into song). Two months later I still have nightmares of this place.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were a bit skeptical about staying here because of the reviews we had read but as one of the reviewer's said "it did the job." It was a last minute get away and we couldn't beat the price. The room was very clean, especially the bedding! The bathroom could use a good handyman's work but everything was running fine. The hotel is on the main boulevard so it can get a bit noisy but nothing that kept us awake. The staff was exceptionally friendly!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our son got the room and asked us to come up. He is youg so he got the least expensive place. Omg, the carpet was filthy the lamp shades torn drapes falling down hole in bottom of door tv from the 90's. The beds were clean so we stayed. Before we got there they changed rooms because bathroom in other was awful. The lobby was dirty trash not thrown out.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank JELewis53
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I've read some harsh reviews here and felt I had to write my own. I stayed at the Knights Inn (Big Bear Blvd) this past weekend. Myself and the lady wanted to visit the ski slopes for a day on Sunday and we drove Saturday afternoon. They have two buildings and we stayed at the building south of the boulevard. It did the job. Yes its old and out of date and the carpet is as cleans as grandma's carpet, but big deal. It won't be the best place you stay at, of course. Men, you'll have zero problems with this place. Most ladies will be perfectly fine. My lady said 'it did the job'. We both laughed off its rustic charm before whizzing off to the slopes in the morning.

Room Tip: I believe the rooms in the building on the south side of the boulevard are quieter as this building...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Probably it was a nice place to stay in the past - two room suite with kitchen. But now, run down, no maintenance, dirty like I've never seen before, and the noisiest heater I've ever heard in my life, which would periodically wake us up through-out the night with its loud "tic-tic-tic".

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KennedySchisler
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Ok so I read all the reviews before we went and stayed there for one night over the weekend and we had gotten the family suite with 3 beds for 4 of us for about $120.00. I think that was a great price to share for what we got because we were just looking for a place to sleep at night while we were snowboarding for the weekend. The heater works, there are clean beds even though they are hard, and a bathroom with shower. If u expect more than that dont go. The rooms dont look the greatest, there was no pots or pans to cook with and the breakfest sucks but again that stuff didnt matter to us so I would say if I cant find something else around the same price I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013