“Nice, Quiet and great Location”
Review of Goldmine Lodge

Goldmine Lodge
“Nice, Quiet and great Location”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My family of 5 stayed at lodge #3 and we we're very comfortable. There is a huge fireplace in the living room and a nice working flat screen TV. There are two comfy beds in the other room and a small standard bathroom with a shower (no tub). The location is great - Walgreens is walking distance to get your supplies. Overall, this place is a nice place to stay especially if you have children or a couple who wants to relax and just getaway.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Withkid

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Diego
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Went to Big bear for New years and stayed at the Goldmine. I was pleasantly surprised when we walked in as the room had a cabin feel to it even though all the units were attached (as opposed to real cabins). The room had a heater and a fake fireplace, good decor, TV, microwave, mini fridge, pretty much all we needed since we didn't spend that much time inside. Awesome water pressure in the shower too. The place is right on Moonridge, a few minutes away from Bear Mountain and the Zoo. Also a short drive from the Village. If you're looking for an inexpensive, decent place to stay, this is it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Laguna, CA
Reviewed September 2, 2011

My husband and I absolutely loved staying at Goldmine. We went there to celebrate our anniversary, and couldn't have made a better choice. We stayed in the deer room, and the décor was amazing. It was romantic yet provided with a mountain vibe. I have been coming to Big Bear since I was a child and you would be surprised by other hotels seem like just like the rest you'll find in Los Angeles. The Jacuzzi was surrounded by tall pine, and at night with the bright stars that we are deprived of in LA it was beyond romantic. The best part was the prices, which were only $59 dollars a night. The two ladies at the office were very helpful, and supplied us with a ton of ideas, especially geared towards a young couple. My husband and I had a great time, and we are planning a trip to come back out with my sister and boyfriend in the winter.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Winnetka, CA
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My husband, two daughters ( 9 & 5) my bestfriend and myself spent two nights. The cabin was clean and newly remodeled. It was really wonderful. We all had a really good time. We only had to ask for what we needed and it was done fairly quickly. I would recommend it for any family. There was plenty of room.

Thank you for a terrific experience.

Lisa Schatkowski

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Winnetka, Ca
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My wife and I took the kids to Big Bear for the weekend. We all had a greatd time! The #5 cabin at the Goldmine Lodge was very cozy. The management was excellent and went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we felt we needed. Thank you Leslie, Vic and Kyle! We'll definitely be back. Plus, the cabin was very affordable and close to the lake and the zoo. The kids especially loved the waterslide at the fun park. I would recommend parents getting the day pass for $12. Best money I ever spent!
Phil S.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank PhilS70
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 14, 2011

At the first glance the place seemed to be okay for the price.I'm not an extremely picky person that would complain a lot,however, the place is far from a good one to spend your money on. I decided to take my 5yo daughter for mommy-daughter vacation ,just for 3 nights. We stayed in Pinecone room on first floor. We actually were the only people staying there which at first was exciting to have whole place just for ourselves ,later that I realized that the place is empty cause it has lots of flaws. First of all, the fridge froze my food and veggies had to end up in trash,second-there is no room service,no one cleans and you have to pick up the trash and take it outside,but okay. Another thing, the water was sometimes hot and sometimes cold so we couldnt take showers plus the shower plumbing was bad,the water wouldn't go down for about 40 min so you had to take a quick shower or the water would overflow:( The jacuzzi outside was filthy,full of bugs and leaves and spa towels full of dried dead spider and some alive ones too,yuck! The kids playground looked nice until you came to play on it.It looked like it wasn't cleaned for awhile,full of crap and spiderwebs. Overall,the place is just simply neglected and out of shape.So not worth even little money that I paid for staying there. And the two ladies that work there are quite unpleasant and unwelcoming,especially the blonde one. Luckily, we didn't spend much of our time in the lodge,otherwise we would be pretty miserable. Don't bother with that place,you can find muchnicer,moze welcoming place in the area for as little money as $59 a nite and I quarantee you"ll better off than staying in Goldmine Lodge. I will be back at Big Bear Lake but never again at Goldmine Lodge.

Room Tip: Stay away from that place.