“A great shop”

Cuisines: American
San Diego, California
“A great shop”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Such a charming store. Great pastries and coffee. Attended a free cooking demo and bough some fun novelty wine charms.

Visited September 2012

Los Angeles, California
“Relaxing, tasty, unique”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

When you walk in, try not getting sidetracked with all the kitchen gadgets before you order. There is plenty of time to wander about for that "thing" you need at home or for a great gift for that someone special.

The coffee, tea and other specialty drinks are there for the asking, prepared by either the owner or one of her friendly assistants. I'm a plain coffee or cappuccino guy but I see lots of different things being ordered so I'm guessing they must be pretty good as well. I like to see what the quiche of the day is, which is always good, then take my newspaper and drink, find a table outside, and just relax. Great people watching spot while you chill with your brew and pastry.

If I'm sitting inside, it's fun watching the chef doing cooking demonstrations at the specially build counter, or the group cooking classes that pop in now and then. Sometimes I even pick up a tip or two.

Back to the gifts, my wife likes to brows around and shop for that almost forgot birthday coming up, or something special for mom.

It's right in the Village area where the shops are so you have no excuse not to stop in. You'll be glad you did.

• Visited August 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Not What I Expected”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stopped by the Copper Q to look around inside and see what all the good reviews were about. Seeing nothing that interested me but wanting a cup of Expresso I decided to just get that. When I ordered the Expresso the lady looked at me in a confused way and asked me if it was made from regular coffee....I knew at that point there just might be a problem. Another employee overheard the question and quickly said no we'll get it for you right now. I took the coffee outside to drink it and it was like no other Expresso I have ever tasted...it was like 3 day old mud. It wasn't inexpensive and I should have marched right back in there and gave it back to them but I forced myself to drink this sludge but also made a mental note to never patronize this establishment again. If they specialize in specialty coffee then how can they screw up a simple Expresso? The service wasn't exactly the friendliest in town either.

• Visited July 2012
Escondido, California
“Great bakery and gift shop”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This shop is a great place to stop for a cup of coffee, tea, or just to get some pastries for breakfast. We stopped here before we checked in to our hotel and got what we wanted for snack and breakfast. The baked goods were high quality and delicious. The gift shop has lots of interesting things too.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank psychoteacher
Burbank, California, United States
“We loved it”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We just loved this place. Very friendly service in a pleasant environment. My wife had the quiche and I had a wrap and we each had desert with coffee. Fast friendly service in a great environment and good food. A bit pricey for what you get, but worth it for the extra attention and quality food.

• Visited June 2012