“This cabin helped our group of friends have an...”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
SYN D
Moreno Valley, California
“Very Dirty with Dog Hair Everywhere!!”
Reviewed March 23, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

I really really want to like this cabin! Upon entering the cabin, we noticed the stains on every couch. They cover every stain with a large pillow. There's dog hair on every bed and on the sofas upstairs and downstairs! The hair dryer in the Master bathroom was broken and didn't work. The hot tubs in both masters offered only 2 min of hot water and then back to cold! I called to get someone to come out but I only got an after hours message and there was no option for water heater help! I did enjoy the floor warmers in the bathroom! The upstairs game room is very cozy! Kids loved the air hockey except it didn't keep score. It's broken. Also the puzzles and games were all missing pieces!
My favorite part of the house was the kitchen which is huge! I love the open floor space to watch the kids while cooking! The kitchen was filled with all the cooking pans and has some extra spices from a previous renter. The kitchen has 2 dishwashers which came in handy! I loved the kitchen but it was very dusty and dirty. You can see the dirt hiding along side the cracks and in between the appliances!
I did appreciate the 2 washer and dryers. They are the old school washer and dryer set but they came in handy. I washed all the towels before we left! The outside is beautiful. The Playset is falling apart. One step is missing so the owner nailed a 2x4 in place. Also one of the swings is lying on the ground because it's broken and hasn't been replaced.
We used the outdoor jacuzzi for about half an hour. That sucker was hot and the smell of the chlorine was over bearing I had to get out. It took 2 days of showers to get the chlorine smell out. Overall I give this place 3 out 5 stars because of the lack of cleaning. i tried sweeping before the kids came but the vacuum is weak and doesn't work well and the broom is small and missing the scooper. If the cabin isn't going to be properly cleaned, they shouldn't charge such a high cleaning fee. And I don't mind cleaning up after myself, so providing a mop and adequate cleaning equipment would be helpful! I asked for a late check out and I was told no simply because someone else was coming in at 4pm. If I'm checking out at 11am, I would hope the next visitor would get a clean cabin so I did my best in cleaning and making look like as clean as it looked when I arrived.

FTP4Lyfe
San Diego, California
“This cabin helped our group of friends have an amazing time!”
Reviewed March 30, 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

The cabin was great, and easily fit our group of 8 people. There was a basketball court, air hockey, multiple televisions, hot tub, and plenty of couches. As soon as we arrived at the cabin, we felt at home. It was such a warm and comforting experience. We can't wait to come back soon!

Traveling group: Large Group
memyselfa...
Sydney, Australia
“This property needs some love and attention!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

This property is billed as a newly constructed pet and child friendly luxury cabin and while the location is beautiful and the house is big with a good floor plan it needs some serious attention to detail to live up to its pet & child friendly luxury billing. The house has four large bedrooms, 3 upstairs and 1 downstairs. There are 5 bathrooms, 3 of which are ensuite. There are 3 fireplaces including one which is outside on the back deck. The only way the house can sleep 16 is if there are 4 to a bedroom and some on sofa beds in the living areas. This would be good for two or three families with parents who are happy to share a room with their children. If it was an adults only holiday I would say max 8 people for privacy and comfort. Having stayed in many holiday rental homes, the first thing I always look for is the information binder - the book that tells you how things work in the home, gives you tips about the area, recommends restaurants, etc. If it was there I never found it. The property is about 10-15 minutes drive to town and the nearest shops and restaurants but we had to ask the property manager for this information. The property is not fenced and the landscaping is not maintained. The back deck, which would be a perfect place to sit with the dogs and the kids in the summer time, is only partially fenced. This meant we could not be outside with the dogs or the children for fear of them running off or in the toddler's case, falling off the deck. One morning a local walked through the property with a very large dog off the leash. Needless to say it caused a huge problem with our dogs on the deck. Also, each morning there were coyotes wandering the property just looking for a small dog to nibble. I cannot understand why this deck has only been partially fenced. It is a small and inexpensive job to do which would really make a difference to the peace of mind of the house guests. On top of that, in most bedrooms and the living room many of the window screens are missing. So again, we could not even open up the downstairs sliding doors out to the deck because of the missing screens. Many if not all of the blinds on the windows in the bedrooms are broken. Curtain rods are falling off. Most properties of this calibre would have a games/DVD/book library. This house had a few mismatched board games thrown in cupboards. There is a working air hockey table but many of the pieces are broken. The cable is basic so we couldn't get sports channels. The management was good enough to come up and try to help us but even they couldn't get the channels to work. Light bulbs burnt out. One of the front porch lights simply missing with the wires dangling from the wall. The box springs on all the beds are exposed which really looks tacky (a least a bed ruffle!!!) the bed linens are mismatched and stained. There was a broken lamp in my bedroom closet. There was a TV on the wall and no dresser in the master bedroom. The bathrooms were the worst with clogging sinks and bathtubs and shower heads that sprayed everywhere except on you! I found it impossible to use any of the showers upstairs. I didn't try the downstairs. There are explicit instructions to wash all your dishes before you go and take all your food with you. All the silverware in the drawer was dirty when we arrived and the pantry was full of other peoples food - most expired and some even left over from Christmas. We did enjoy our time in Big Bear and at the property but we expected a much higher standard from the house. It would take very little time/effort/money to bring this house up to speed. It is sad that the place is so neglected. As it is now we would not go back.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
964Carol...
Carlsbad, California
“This retreat was just what we needed, and more.”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

The Grant Mountain Retreat completely lived up to its name for our family reunion for my son's 40th birthday. Lots of space, privacy inside and out, quiet and peaceful. All the bedrooms were very nice, comfortable beds, lovely bathrooms. Plenty of space for hanging out (whether playing air hockey, bocce, talking, or hanging out in the hot tub) or being alone. Excellent and well-equipped kitchen. The vistas were lovely, nice walking paths nearby, 10 minute drive to town and the lake, minutes to the ski slopes (though they were closed for the season). Truly a retreat and perfect for our celebration. Everyone loved it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The house was beautiful and the perfect size and location for our family.
Liked least: Some of the showers were very strong and could not be adjusted to a lower water spray.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Reviewed May 1, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Reviewed January 30, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Reviewed January 19, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing