“Saucy Mama's”

Cuisines: Polish
Description: Located next to " North Pole Fudge & Icecream Co" In the Village
Description: Located next to " North Pole Fudge & Icecream Co" In the Village
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The BEST BBQ chicken pizza, ever!!
Our favorite place to eat when we visit Big Bear!
If you have the patience to wait and for the not-so prompt service, then its worth the wait. There never seems to be enough staff to accomodate the masses. The owner really should re-evaluate his/her staff. They need friendly, eager and fast servers who want to help making your experience at Saucy mama's a great one! So far, the staff misses the beat, but the pizza is awesome!!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

After a day of beaching it in Big Bear we felt pizza was next on the list. This hole in the wall is a true find. The hand tossed pizza was delicious as was the calzone and antipasta salad. Thin crust with stringy mozzarella. Fresh ingredients. Yummo! We arrived just in time becasuse within 10 minutes there were an additional 30 customers. They got swarmed, but they didn't show any signs of stress. They went out of their way to ensure that all patrons were well accommodated.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

we've eaten at saucy mama's pizza before with okay service, but this time will be the last. we got there and they were busier than they expected, which they only had 3 tables filled inside, do to spring break, but we order our food. including a small personal pizza for grand daughter a lg. veg pizza, 3 sandwiches a pitcher of beer, and a couple of drinks. the food came out in small amounts with way too much much time in between, we didn't get to eat our meal at the same time, first the personal , then the lg pizza, then the 1 sandwich, than the fries, than another sandwich, and the third sandwich never showed up, so we had a pretty bad experience for that. unfortunately the food is pretty good but do to the service we will not go back. I still think they overcharged us for the meal.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Big Bear is notorious for disappointing pizza restaurants. This place is fantastic, however. Their meat sauce is rich, and steak fries are fresh, and most importantly, the pizza ingredients are great. The canadian bacon and salami was very tasty. It also is next door to the North Pole dessert place, so my family will return again and again! I had no issue with the service as some others have. Everything was just fine.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Well, we are done with Saucy Mama's. Their pizza is good, and the location is good, but the service and staff attitude are awful. There are other good pizza places in Big Bear, and we will patronize one of them from now on. Both Maggios and Red Baron Pizzeria are friendly, and the staff acts like they actually want your business.

My husband and I wanted a take out pizza for lunch yesterday, and we thought we'd give Saucy Mama's one more try. Their ads and website say they open every day at 10:30 AM. I called at 11:15, and their phone message said they open at 11:30. I called several more times, and no one answered the phone until 11:45. The person who answered the phone said they don't open until noon, and she didn't even offer to take my order. She could not have been less interested. I won't waste my time with them anymore.