“Lovely B&B”

Knickerbocker Mansion Country Inn
Burbank, CA
“Lovely B&B”
Reviewed November 13, 2006

This is a great B&B. It is very quiet and peaceful. It is near Big Bear village. There is a great porch in the mansion to enjoy your morning coffee or hot chocolate. We have stayed here twice and were always impressed. The price is great for the room and breakfast, plus snacks. The rooms are not overly done like most B&Bs, they are comfortable and cozy. You wont regret your stay.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank chare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Los Angeles
Reviewed September 7, 2006

Stayed here with several friends and really liked the place. The main parlor has lots of comfortable space and oozes charm. The food was great and the staff was helpful. The fresh baked cookies were always on hand, which was great. Rooms in the main house are fantastic and spacious. The back house was a little cramped but tidy (aka "cozy"). I really enjoyed hanging out there...you can walk to the village from there. I also liked the sun decks. There is some construction going on below the mansion...some high-end cabins will be there, but the construction noise is only audible on the front side of the main house.

Stayed September 2005
4 Thank JasonLA
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 25, 2006

The rooms were dirty and the owner was out to get every dime he could gouge you for. Payed over $180.00 for a brunch for four people. The food was to rich for the average person. A staff member actually told us that they were often not payed on time. Dont waste your time and money--stay any place but here.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
los angeles
Reviewed March 26, 2006

Well the Bed and Breakfast was awesome. I highly recommend it. Very charming, romantic, and hospitable.. Our room was small but cozy. It was in the back in the Carriage house very secluded. We walked in and it smelled very clean and warm. It had a toasty gas fireplace heat which added to the charm. The bed was comfy w/a down comforter and a lot of pillows. The room was decorated very warm, with a lot of old pictures of skiing. We got in about 9pm, the Innkeeper was there to greet us.. Very nice fellow. He advised us breakfast would be in the morning at 8:30 and also if we’d like to have dinner in the mansion, as the chef is a well known chef that use to work in LA. Sure!! WE went down to the village to get something to eat. Ended up at an Italian restaurant, only thing open at 10pm. Got some appetizers, and margaritas which were very good! Back to the room to get some sleep.

Sat morning we woke up and had breakfast in the mansion dining room, which was outside on an enclosed patio. Walking into the main living room of the mansion was beautiful. A piano, antiques and some ornate furniture. A leather couch in front of the roaring wood burning fireplace w/plenty of magazines to read. We sat out on the enclosed patio for breakfast. Great views. Breakfast consisted of fresh brewed coffee, orange juice and started with fresh fruit. Then they came out with warm blueberry scones. They were soo good. Then we had some kind of EGG frittata w/ 2 taquitos. It was delicious.

We went skiing the entire day, woah we were whipped.. got back napped a bit and got ready for 7:30 reservations. We had to take our own bottle of wine, which was fine, as they didn’t have a liquor license. The inn was romantically lit, w/ lights around the top of the patio, and candlelit tables. It was cozy and warm and we got the corner table w/ a view. We had a delicious dinner. I had a salad first/ w/ warm homemade rolls, then on to filet mignon, w/ bluecheese mashed potatoes and green beans w/ bacon. He had rack of lamb. All very delicious. For dessert he ordered raspberry cheesecake. Oh my ! delish! We finished our bottle of wine, dessert and coffee and rolled on out of there and back to our room. WE were going to go out but decided to get some movies and hang in.

Sunday morning b’fast was again very good. Blueberry stuffed French toast w/ cream cheese..

It was awesome romantic place and we will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2006
14 Thank rose220068
Lancaster, CA
Reviewed October 25, 2005

I didn't see any prior postings for this B & B on Tripadvisor, so when we visited the Knickerbocker Inn Oct 22 - 23 2005, I had to work from their own website. I had never stayed at a B & B before, but I truely loved this experience. We stayed in the Penthouse (the biggest room at the Inn) so I guess my review may be a little biased. Anyways, what a tuely wonderful experience! We had a very large jacuzzi tub, fireplace and our own balcony to sit and look up at the stars. If you can, eat dinner at the Inn - they only serve dinner on a Saturday night, but it really was the best food I have ever tasted, along with the type of service you wish you could get everywhere! Bring your own wine as they do not have a license to sell liquor but will gladly open wine if you bring it with you. The breakfast on Sunday morning was the only downside to our stay - a "Bread Pudding" type of a dish called French Toast - which I would not serve to my family it if I had cooked it and after the wonderful food on Saturday night that really was a big disappointment. Smacked of being some leftovers used for breakfast. However, the Inn is obviously very quaint, relaxing and romantic. Some of the nicest linens I have ever felt on the very high, very big, feather bed. The hosts were very friendly and caring, I really had the impression that any request could be accomodated. So - my advice - certainly give this a try. Not a place for kids! (I have two) Bring your lover and you will both leave happy and very tired! Well worth the extra $$ to stay in the Penthouse room if it is available.

7 Thank Love2Hike