“Not for Me, Not Romantic”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Big Bear Region
Apples Bed and Breakfast Inn
A TripAdvisor Member
“Not for Me, Not Romantic”
Reviewed December 13, 2004

I have been to 3 B&Bs before and was looking for another one to take my girlfriend on a romatic weekend getaway at Big Bear. Based on reviews I saw here, Apples sounded like the perfect place. Once I arrived, I was very disappointed. Our room looked like I had entered my grandmother's -- 70's decor, very old fashioned, small TV with a VCR (without remote). The other guests were all retired, in their 60s, and this place seemed to be well suited for them. This was the opposite of a romantic getaway and underdelivered signifcantly vs. my expectations. One other complaint, the room had so much street noise and the walls were very thin -- you could hear quite a bit. Its too bad because the breakfast was great and the hospitality was also very good.

If you are looking for a place that is old-fashioned and are not interested in romance, then this place may be for you. If you are looking for anything near contemporary or enchating, then I suggest you look elsewhere. I have stayed at Windy Point Inn at Big Bear and you cannot beat the romance, serenity, and charm (and view) that that place brings. Best of luck in your search.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed February 26, 2004

I was going to an event at the Moonridge Zoo (just up the road), and I was lucky enough to find Apple's B&B on the web. What an experience! I stayed in the main house (they also have cabins), and the owners treated me like family. Each breakfast was a special event, with food "to die for", and my room was beautiful, cozy and safe. If you're looking to make your Big Bear stay special, this is the place for you.
FANTASTIC!!!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 29, 2003

It is even more comfortable than home. This B&B is so very comfortable and the hospitality is exemplary. Barbara makes an awesome breakfast that will fill up 'till dinner. With shelves of videos, private jacuzzis, snack heaven, fireplaces, local menus, snacks heaven, you will never want to leave. I can't imagine a more comfortable getaway.
We even call it "home" when we mark it in our calendars every year.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member