“My Favorite Big Bear Lake Resturant”

Thelma's Family Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 123 Restaurants in Big Bear Region
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Moreno Valley, California
“My Favorite Big Bear Lake Resturant”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Them'as has been a Big Bear stop for the wife and I for many years. With just having a storm pass SoCA we decided to take a drive up the San Bernardino mountains to Big Bear for Thelma's chicken pot pie and a homemade apple dumbling with the works. My wife wished the crust on the pot pie was a little more crispy but I enjoyed. Its the homemade apple dumblings that Thelma's is known for.
It is best to take Hwy 38 as Thelma's is on the that side of Big Bear.

• Visited March 2013

California
“Best Ever! We ate here every morning of our 4day trip!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

What else can I say? I'm craving the cinnamon roll french toast as I type this! I generally don't like breakfast food, but I want to go back to big Bear just for Thelma's. The staff is all very friendly which made everything so much better because at other places we weren't treated as nicely. I didn't try their dinner, so i cant report on that but if you're in Big Bear and want the best breakfast ever try Thelma's. Also, the cinnamon roll french toast is $5.50 and is soooo filling. MMMMMMM

• Visited January 2013
Rancho Mirage, California, United States
“Best Breakfast on the Mountain”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

A lovely homey place for breakfast and lunch. Cozy indoor seating and a comfortable patio for outdoor dining. The menu is extensive and the apple dumplings (house specialty) are big, tasty and a nice take-out treat. After our first visit we made it a point to have breakfast there every morning for the entire week. Nice mix of locals and tourists and a very friendly staff. Delicious, light French Toast was part of the daily special . . . less than $6 with eggs and bacon. Good coffee, too.

• Visited November 2012
Phoenix, AZ
“Celebrating a Birthday at Thelma's”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

On a recent visit to Big Bear Lake, my family and I went to Thelma's to celebrate my daughter's 15th Birthday. We really loved the food. Three of us, including the Birthday girl had the Chicken Pot Pie. We preordered it to ensure that they had it for us. The child has fried chicken and my other daughter has New York steak. Everyone loved the food. The portions were huge and the quality excellent. We were stuffed so we brought home our dessert, pies all around. The pies were great. In addition, the service was great. We would recommend Thelma's to anyone visiting or living in Big Bear.

• Visited August 2012
San Diego, California
“Fantastic Food and Friendly Smiling Staff”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Loved the wonderful homemade food & apple dumplings!!!!! The staff was super and always smiling and nice each visit. This is our Favorite place to eat and we wish they were closer to home as would make it a daily outing. Super!

Visited July 2012