“the real thing.”

Dining options: Dinner
Fullerton, California
“the real thing.”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Only issue is service. It is awful. But they are really japanese people serving awesome food. So plan to be patient and join the teppan grill or sit at a table or the tiny sushi bar, relax and enjoy. Emphasis on RELAX. If you are in a hurry, forget it. Prices are good too.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Federico E

Los Angeles, California
“Worth the drive”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

For years, Fuji Sushi was right around the corner from me in the San Fernando Valley. When it moved two hours away to Big Bear, I thought I'd never taste that beautifully presented sashimi, perfectly rolled sushi, or comforting miso soup again. But on a recent trip to Big Bear, I had my birthday dinner there and was delighted to see my old friend, Koji, behind the counter. He makes that same two-hour drive once a week to select the freshest seafood he can find in the Los Angeles market, and his extra care and attention to detail make this a quality dining experience.

It's not a place to go for ambiance. It's more like a mini-mall eatery. But the reasonable prices--we were there between 5:00 and 6:30 for half-price sushi--and the fresh, expertly prepared seafood are worth sitting at the crowded counter.

Visited June 2012
San Diego, California
“Decent Teppanyaki for Big Bear”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The food was average to above average. I mean I wouldn't go to a skiing mountain for Japanese food necessarily, but it was good. The language barrier was marginal, but I wouldn't say I would never go back to this restaurant.

Visited February 2012
Downey, California
“SERVICE WAS POOR”
Reviewed March 20, 2011

We went on a Saturday night and it took 1 hour for us to get our food If it wasnt for the NFL playoff on TV there we would have walked out. We have ate here many times before and never had this bad of service. The food was great after we got it. And when we got our food was actually warm so that was good.

• Visited January 2011
CA
“Fun and Delicious”
Reviewed December 31, 2010

Our party of 5 (3 adults 2 children) sat at the Hibachi Grill table on the Thursday before NYE. The place was packed and getting busier by the minute. There was only one server for the whole restaurant. She was awesome, we had decent service throughout our meal. She ran her butt off to make sure everyone was taken care off. Needless to say we left a generous tip. Now for the food, the soup was OK, but the salad was fresh and delicious, the grilled shrimp appetizer was awesome, the fried rice also delicious and the main course was a generous portion. For an extra $6.50 my daughter and I split the $21.00 Filet Mignon Entree. The $6.50 charge gets you full servings of the soup, salad, shrimp and vegetables for both parties splitting the entree, totally worth it. We both left full. The Hibachi Steak, chicken, and scallop entree we equally delicious. The fun part was the entertainment of our Hibachi Chef!