“I'd go somewhere else.”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Ventura
“I'd go somewhere else.”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband had the $20 top sirloin. It was about 10 ozs. He asked for med well. It was slightly pink in the center, but burned on one side. Large baked potatoes :) I had $20BBQ chicken breast and it was cooked well, large potato, but the vegetable, green beans, were very bland. My husband got his salad 15 minutes after ordering. 30 min later we got our appetizer, small potato skins. Ridiculous! Then got our meals about 10-15 min later. It looked like everyone was waiting a really long time. Not worth the wait since it was only average. Servers were always hustling with drinks and desserts, but cooks couldn't move the food fast enough.

• Visited July 2014

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Pricey and Not Worth the Wait”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was the 2nd time that we had eaten here. The first time was back in March as we ordered our food to go as we had our dog with us and were staying across the street at Big Bear Frontier. Waited quite a long time and the food was just OK. The calamari was pretty much all breading, the wings were small but the Lobster Mac & Cheese was yummy! This past time we were in town with another couple for the 4th of July weekend and decided to make reservations ahead of time since we knew the area would be extremely busy for the holiday. We reserved a table outside which was nice, pretty much the best thing about our dinner. Our table wasn't quite ready when we got there so we headed to the bar for a pre-dinner drink, the bartender (an older gentleman) had the personality of a rock (he was the same way when I was there in March as I had a beer as I waited for the food to be done). Once seated it took an extremely LONG time to get our dinners as it was busy but didn't seem like they were staffed properly for the weekend night/holiday weekend. Took over an hour. My boyfriend is a Chef and his steak wasn't cooked quite correctly. My food came out cold and had to be sent back. The one thing though was that our server (I think her name was Joanna) was very apologetic and sweet, we did end up getting desserts on the house. Very pricey for the quality of food and unfortunately will not go back (as we did give it 2 tries)....

• Visited July 2014
Ramona, California
“Not bad, not great. ”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

The service was wonderful and the atmosphere exceptional, but the good was just OK. We had a variety of selections in our party of seven and nothing stood out as great. Steaks were not good cuts of meat or exceptionally tasty. Shrimp scampi had no taste and the soups and salads were just OK. I wouldn't tell you not to good just don't get your expectations up too high. Prices are resort pricey and a bit high.

PAHRUMP
“great”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I took my wife here for her birthday and she said it was the best steak she ever had and I had to agree. The service was great andand the food could not have been better. I live in navada and go to big bear to cool off in the summertime and we always eat here on every trip.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank RIGERMAIN
Gilbert, Arizona
“Sizzling Steaks and Big Spuds”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

After a busy day of hiking and enjoying the cool mountain air we wanted something to match the location. It had been suggested that if we wanted a good steak to give Cowboy Express a try. It was very close to where we were staying so we walked over. We were seated promptly by a window which was opened to allow the fresh air in. The decor is rustic mountain inside but isn't reflected that much on the outside. Our server was friendly and explained everything on the menu that we had questions about. She even offer suggestions and was quick to explain that they were very good at cooking steaks however you wanted.

My wife and I shared the 20 oz. sizzling tri-tip platter and we each got 2 sides along with it. We ordered it Med-rare and our steak came out just that way on a sizzling platter smothered in butter and fresh minced garlic. We both had a baked potato and dinner salad for our sides. I haven't had a baked potato in awhile and these are large and tasted great. They provide sour cream, butter and diced green onions on the side so you can fix them anyway you like. The salad's were also good size and you could order from several choices for dressings.

All in all for a 40 dollar shared meal it was very good but not great. Not saying that I won't be back but we have a lot of other places to try for dinner when we return to Big Bear Lake.

• Visited May 2014