“Great food in the Village”
Review of El Jacalito Grill

El Jacalito Grill
Ranked #11 of 123 Restaurants in Big Bear Region
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Los Angeles
“Great food in the Village”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

After 15 summers in Big Bear, we finally found our favorite dinner spot! This Mexican food was delicious, delicious, delicious!! We sat outside on the patio, and four of us had a real feast. Even the salsa is terrific. Service was outstanding, atmosphere was sooo lovely, and every bite was impressive. The selection is really varied, and they were exceptionally accomodating. Highly recommend this for a leisurely, relaxing, enjoyable meal of tasty food.

• Visited August 2012

Los Angeles
“Very good mexican food.”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I am not a great fan of mexican food, but I must say their food tastes very good, is freshly made and is not heavy. Did not try their margaritas, which is a specialty. Quick and friendly service; moderate prices. Outdoor patio dining is a must during the summer. I think its the best mexican place in Big Bear; same owner at La Hacienda?

• Visited July 2012
ELLICOTT CITY
“The best Mexican food I've tasted!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great service that was quick and friendly. From the chips and salsa to the entrees everything was the best that I've eaten. I could go on and on, but I will just say if you like Mexican cuisine and you are at Big Bear Lake don't pass up a chance to eat there!!!

• Visited June 2012
Las Vegas
“Great food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

You can't go wrong here. Great food, good portions and reasonable prices. Nice atmosphere in newly remodeled restaurant and bar.

• Visited June 2012
“Good food, great atmosphere,beautiful area”
Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

I woulda given a 5 for food, but it was a little bland for my family's taste. We had to add heat to what was supposed to be spicy...but anyways, the service was nice. This was the only place we ate at twice during our four day vacay.(that's sayin something)
Food came fast,hot n delicious. Prices on cocktails/beer were surprisingly cheap. Drinks were refreshing n delicious.
I have nothing bad to say about this place except for parking is hard to find, but a little walk around this beautiful place is worth it.
It's a must visit restaurant it u like Mexican food at this altitude :)
** on a side note, I had left my purse on the floor next to my seat n after a night n morning freaking out, they had safely stashed it away for me. Knew who I was. We're very kind n thoughtful. It was completely untouched inside. That made me feel good about this place as well.in my town,I woulda never seen it again!**