“Very good mexican food.”
Review of El Jacalito Grill

El Jacalito Grill
Ranked #10 of 127 Restaurants in Big Bear Region
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I am not a great fan of mexican food, but I must say their food tastes very good, is freshly made and is not heavy. Did not try their margaritas, which is a specialty. Quick and friendly service; moderate prices. Outdoor patio dining is a must during the summer. I think its the best mexican place in Big Bear; same owner at La Hacienda?

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great service that was quick and friendly. From the chips and salsa to the entrees everything was the best that I've eaten. I could go on and on, but I will just say if you like Mexican cuisine and you are at Big Bear Lake don't pass up a chance to eat there!!!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

You can't go wrong here. Great food, good portions and reasonable prices. Nice atmosphere in newly remodeled restaurant and bar.

Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

I woulda given a 5 for food, but it was a little bland for my family's taste. We had to add heat to what was supposed to be spicy...but anyways, the service was nice. This was the only place we ate at twice during our four day vacay.(that's sayin something)
Food came fast,hot n delicious. Prices on cocktails/beer were surprisingly cheap. Drinks were refreshing n delicious.
I have nothing bad to say about this place except for parking is hard to find, but a little walk around this beautiful place is worth it.
It's a must visit restaurant it u like Mexican food at this altitude :)
** on a side note, I had left my purse on the floor next to my seat n after a night n morning freaking out, they had safely stashed it away for me. Knew who I was. We're very kind n thoughtful. It was completely untouched inside. That made me feel good about this place as well.in my town,I woulda never seen it again!**

Reviewed March 19, 2012

we ate her for lunch , the place was very crowded but at the end of our meal it was worth the wait friendly staff and good food