“Amazing Mexican Food!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2013

If you are looking for authentic Mexican food, this is the place to go! Everything was fresh and cooked to perfection. I ordered a margarita, but didn't care for the house tequila so I passed it on to my mom. The restaurant has a wonder ambiance, however it feels a little crowded once all of the tables are filled with patrons. I cannot wait to go back!

There are newer reviews for Sonora Cantina

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great Mexican food at reasonable prices especially considering it is in a resort area. I had the make your own pick 2 combo for about $10. There was also a pick 3. The service was great. If you order a mug of beer take the small size instead of the larger one which cost more per ounce.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I thought this place was cool and the decor was over the top Mexican and very fun.
We had the combo nachos and took home a big box of food after we finished lunch.
The waiter was very nice and it was a cheap meal.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Great atmosphere friendly waitress, and air conditioned. The food was great full portions for my hungry family. Chips and salsa delicious no complaints. I will come back to this restaurant again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a big group of people and they seated us in an area all to ourselves, so that was a bonus!

It is decorated with mural paintings of old Spanish settings, nicely done.

It was Clean. Staff were Fun and helpful and quick.

I had Shrimp Quesadilla which had big shrimp and was delicious. My husband really enjoyed his dinner as well as the rest of the group. The group has eaten here every year on Memorial Day for many years, so that should tell you something.

The chips & salsa were very good. I can't handle hot, but I could this salsa. You could make it hotter if you wished, they had whatever you needed.

They have a full bar, so you can compliment your meal with whatever you wish.

Prices were reasonable and you got a Full meal.

We will return!