“Excellent Food, Atmosphere & Friendly Staff”
Review of Sonora Cantina

Sonora Cantina
Ranked #30 of 127 Restaurants in Big Bear Region
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a big group of people and they seated us in an area all to ourselves, so that was a bonus!

It is decorated with mural paintings of old Spanish settings, nicely done.

It was Clean. Staff were Fun and helpful and quick.

I had Shrimp Quesadilla which had big shrimp and was delicious. My husband really enjoyed his dinner as well as the rest of the group. The group has eaten here every year on Memorial Day for many years, so that should tell you something.

The chips & salsa were very good. I can't handle hot, but I could this salsa. You could make it hotter if you wished, they had whatever you needed.

They have a full bar, so you can compliment your meal with whatever you wish.

Prices were reasonable and you got a Full meal.

We will return!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Wonderful food and service. My favorite Mexican rest. on the mountain. The Rojas family is so committed to this community and give back at every opportunity.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Eclectic decoration, decent food (on the bland side, I should add) but nice experience. I had the menudo, was not bad but nothing really taste. Wife had a couple of tacos, same thing. Mexican beer $4.00... The place was quite pack despite the fact is not in the Village.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We love the chips and salsa here, and always try to bring some home. Service is excellent. Do not expect the entrees to arrive super fast - they are actually cooking it back there. Decor and atmosphere are fun. My kids like to go here every time we go to Big Bear.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Love this place~ Have to stop here on every trip to have chili relleno, fresh chips & delish margaritas! Best Mexican food in town!