“Not open late”

Big Bear Mountain Brewery
Ranked #54 of 131 Restaurants in Big Bear Region
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I was excited to try this brewery, and loved that the patio was pet-friendly. The guidebook I picked up listed the place as open until 10:00 p.m. on Saturdays. We called to confirm the hours before going. We got there at 8:15 p.m.and were told the kitchen was closed and last call was at 8:30. We told the employee (Matt) that we had called to confirm the hours. He was nice, but told us "the boss said to close early." Since we only had 15 minutes, we quickly got a sampler of everything. The tangerine wheat was delicious, but warm (I think they had just changed the keg). The grizzly bear porter was pretty good, too. Several groups of people came after us, then left when they were told last call was at 8:30.
I would have loved to have spent more time there and tried the food. If you plan on visiting, make sure you get there early!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

My son and I stopped in a during Memorial Day weekend for some grub and were not disappointed. I had the fish and chips and got the chicken tenders for him. It's bar food but tasty. I also tried one of their lighter lagers - delicious! This is a great spot to relax after a day of adventures and feel like you belong. My son enjoyed all the wacky artwork and memorabilia on the walls and couldn't get enough of playing I-Spy! We had a great time and were served swiftly and courteously. My only complaint was they only had 1 pack of tartar sauce left for my fish. I am surprised they are not rated higher on Tripadvisor!

Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stopped in this little brewery at the recommendation of one of the locals. We each tried the beer sampler that included 6 of their own brews in 4 oz cubs. They were all great but they are all high in alcohol levels with 2 of them over 8%. Oh, and I didn't even mention the live rock band that was playing Friday night. We sat on the front patio area so we could talk but this was definately a place I'd visit again next time I'm in Big Bear.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Walking distance from our cabin, this place offers great food and even greater micro brews crafted right there on the premises. Very friendly staff and a comfortable place.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

I saw some less than favorable reviews, but we decided to try it anyway, as we love local brews. Our service was prompt, the homemade potato chips were really good, and the beer was better than good. We were there early, before it was busy, and had a wonderful experience.