“Great conditions but unfriendly staff at Snow Summit...”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Snow Summit

Snow Summit
More attraction details
Owner description: Snow Summit is the ultimate destination for summertime fun! Snow Summit offers a wide range of summer activities, including lift-serviced downhill mountain biking, cross-country mountain biking, Scenic Sky Chair rides, hiking, and more! This summer, the always-popular Snow Summit Scenic Sky Chair offers the most breathtaking views in all of Big Bear! Once at the top, grab some bites and brews at the most scenic BBQ in Big Bear, the Skyline Taphouse, while taking in the views of the valleys below and the surrounding mountains. From the top of the mountain, downhill mountain bikers can enjoy the famous Snow Summit Bike Park. For cross country riders, Snow Summit's chair lifts provide access to a huge network of trails around the resort that have something for everyone. For hikers and outdoor enthusiasts, Snow Summit is the perfect hiking destination. Snow Summit and the surrounding area offer an expansive network of trails and roads, where hikers can enjoy picturesque hiking trails and roads with stunning scenic terrain and incredible views of Big Bear Lake. Want to step off the trails and work on your golf swing? Feel like a pro at 7,000 feet - you'll be surprised at how far your ball will soar! Bear Mountain Golf Course is a great destination for golf and features a challenging golf course, golf lessons with seasoned pros and a great driving range. From hiking to sightseeing to cross country and downhill mountain biking to golfing, there's plenty of fun for everyone this summer at Snow Summit! Experience a winter vacation close to home! Snow Summit and Bear Mountain (Big Bear Mountain Resorts)offers two distinct mountains to suit your style. With a free shuttle between the two resorts you can enjoy access to 26 lifts, over 436 developed acres and 1,800 vertical feet along with shopping and dining choices. Snow Summit provides the premier mountain resort experience for everyday skiers and riders in pursuit of wide-open groomed runs and picturesque alpine views. Winter sports enthusiasts are guaranteed to enjoy their time on the snow with unparalleled learning programs for snowboarders and skiers of all ages, limited ticket sales, and beginner, intermediate and advanced terrain.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children
Murrieta, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great conditions but unfriendly staff at Snow Summit...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We were fortunate enough to be up in Big Bear just as it was dumping 5 inches of fresh powder on the ground so we knew we were going to be in for a treat when we went skiing / boarding at Snow Summit. The mountain was open with great conditions and it wasn't too crowded on Friday when we went. I must say that the snow was great and, as usual, the lifts and runs were well groomed, however, a lot of the staff we came in contact with was not very friendly and in some cases, outright rude. While stopping into the pub for a bite of pizza and a drink at lunch time the cashiers at the restaurant were rude to virtually every guest that came through their line including my daughter. No smiles, snippy answers, rolling of the eyes as well as comments among the two girls working the registers about guests was totally unprofessional. In addition there was a group of young men from another country (Italians I believe) who were simply having a good time, enjoying a few drinks at a table and playing some of their music and singing along (quietly) and they were approached by the cashier and spoken to rudely about their loud behaviour (IN a PUB might I add) and told they needed to stop playing their music or she would call security. We are at a ski resort where having a good time is OK and certainly allowable in a pub, but either way a friendly smile and some politeness would have gone a long way...

Our second day took us to Bear Mountain where my teenage son and his friend felt more at home, but it is obviously designed more for boarders and this old "two planker" likes to keep it old school and enjoy some longer ski runs. It was very crowded, which I expected with the good snow and the weekend, but the staff at BEAR MOUNTAIN was MUCH friendlier as a whole than the staff at snow summit which was a bit unexpected.

All in all the convenience and scenery of both Bear Mountain and Snow Summit will keep us coming back, but it would be nice if the encounters with staff were more positive given the high rates to enjoy a day on the slopes!

Visited January 2013

• Arabic first
Hemet, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fraud and Deception”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

My wife and my daughter (both season pass holders) were charged an additional 50USD upon arriving at the ticket counter on Dec. 18 2012. I had previously called and confirmed with their office that if my wife and daughter were to show up at the counter without their passes (left them at my office in LA) but with a valid IDs they would be able to validate their pass status and allow them to ski as part of the previous payment. This was not the case. I was told they would handle the complaint and that I did not need to follow up. Three follow up calls and nearly a month later I am told by their guest services manager Kendl that there would be no resolution. Basically pound salt. Poor customer service compounded by inconsistent training and lies.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank MattGeschke
san diego
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Watch out for the fuzz”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

While entering the resort I saw some BB police sitting at the exit and I found out why.
Upon exit from the parking lot I was struggling with my ski jacket and opened the door to detach myself from being caught. Well Joe Big Bear was profiling cars coming out of the parking lot and he claimed I wasn't wearing my seat belt. It was an easy $100 bucks for the city of Big Bear as I was going to spend $150 bucks in court trying to fight it. Beware.

Would suggest the resort people discourage this form of harassment.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank Le B
northridge,ca
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“good conditions, but very few runs open”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

the snow conditions were good, BUT only a few runs/lifts were OPEN during our visit in late December 2012. Non-holiday prices were very affordable and it wasn't too busy or crowded. The staff and first aid station were friendly and helpful.

Visited December 2012
Paso Robles, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Beginners Ski School”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

We wanted our 10yo granddaughter to have her first experience at skiing while visiting Big Bear for Thanksgiving. We had given her dad ski lessons there some 30 years ago and thought it would be nice to do this for her. Even though the snow was "man-made" it was perfect. The beginner slope was ideal and her instructors excellent. The price was much less than I had expected for two lessons and equipment. Everyone at the facility was very pleasant to us and her which made her feel special...which she is!

Visited November 2012