Marina Resort
Best Western Big Bear Chateau(Big Bear Region)(Great Value!)
$108
$89
Big Bear Frontier(Big Bear Lake)(Great Value!)
$81
$79
Robinhood Resort(Big Bear Lake)(Great Value!)
$57
Golden Bear Cottages Resort(Big Bear Region)(Great Value!)
$150
Hotels.com
Cathy's Country Cottages(Big Bear City)(Great Value!)
$74
Noon Lodge at Mallard Bay(Big Bear Lake)(Great Value!)
$156
Grey Squirrel Resort(Big Bear Region)
$144
Orbitz.com
Snow Lake Lodge(Big Bear Region)(Great Value!)
$155
$150
Orbitz.com
Cozy Hollow Lodge(Big Bear Region)(Great Value!)
$81
$71
Orbitz.com
Pine Knot Guest Ranch(Big Bear Lake)(Great Value!)
$99
Official Site
All reviewsview of the laketop floorbig bear lakeremodeled roomboat rentalswalking distance to the villagetwo double bedsfantastic locationwalls are thingreat roomsnow summitping pongpool and jacuzzirestaurants and shopspine knotnice fireplaceceiling fan
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had serious issues with the check in and there was very little help from the front desk. This may have been the worst customer service we have ever experienced. We ended up staying in a studio which was super loud. We were only hoping to spend a quiet weekend with our family only to find that they were hosting a wedding and we could hear the music until late. In addition, the studio looked old and had a funny smell inside due to mildew or just not being opened often. There service is super basic, there is no attention to detail whatsoever. The only upside is a decent view but you can't go swimming and with the noise above and next to you it's not really worth it.
Therefore if you are looking for a place to relax do not come here.
We selected this hotel after reading good reviews so we thought that it was important to share our experience. Overall a shabby, sad place with exceptionally poor service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Viole1000
MarinaBBL, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

We are sorry to hear you were unhappy with your stay. Although we do manage the condos you stayed in, they are privately owned and we will pass your comments on to the owner. Our weddings are under contract to end the music at 10 pm, and there is a noise curfew for all guests staying with us. It's unfortunate you did not take advantage of our pool for swimming, it is definitely enjoyable. There is no excuse for poor customer service and we do apologize for any issues you may have had at check in.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

After getting into our room, my husband and I went right back out and walked around the Big Bear Lake Village. It had a 90's time capsule feel to it, and it gave us a general idea of the layout, and style of the place. When we walked back into our room, he turned to me and said, incredulously, "I think this IS the best place in town!" Yes, that sounds snooty, but hear me out.

Pros: Views, proximity to the village (1/2 block away= no parking headache), big bed, nice sheets, (gas) fireplace, A/C, pool/hot tub, in-room spa tub, patios/balconies with seating area, horseshoes/volleyball/ping pong on site, friendly staff, (top floor) rooms were quiet at night, beach towels provided, BBQ pits, wedding and reception venues (see lobby bathroom note below), near a marina with boat tours and kayak rentals.
Cons: Bed and pillows are lumpy, the carpet is stained, the shower head is only 5 feet high, nowhere to hang hand towels in bathroom, all other towels hung IN the shower stall(what?), uncomfortable chairs in room, general disrepair of room (A/C, screen door, TV on the fritz, bathroom door handle stuck -seriously, my husband and I each got stuck in the bathroom a few times!), the in=room spa tubs are dingy and uninviting, the pool is small (not great for laps), lots of noise from outside (kids playing, boats, music from parties) during the day.

Important to note: The top floor rooms have no elevator, so you have to lug your stuff up a flight of stairs (not handicap accessible). Also, there is no bathroom available in the lobby, they will direct you outside to a port-o-potty (which they called an "executive restroom", kind of funny) definitely go in the room BEFORE you check out! A maintenance man told us that they were about to start renovations this fall (after he apologized for the fact that he could not fix our A/C unit, thankfully, it cooled down at night, and they gave us a small fan.) so soon "everything will be brand new!"
To sum it up, for the price we paid, it was pretty underwhelming, however, compared to the other places we saw, it was clearly the nicest. The view of the lake was nice, and being on the top floor was nice, but we were there on a busy weekend, and there were a ton of kids running around playing on the hotel grounds, which is totally appropriate, just not really awesome if you are trying to have a romantic weekend. Honeymooners/anniversary celebrators, I suggest you look into a B&B, of which there seem to be many. Families, get downstairs rooms, (300's), they are bigger suit-style rooms, and they open onto patios where you can watch your kids run around the grounds. Also, though the staff was very friendly, they were not very helpful in giving us info about the surrounding area. We are new to Big Bear, and we missed out on things to do until we went to the visitor center in the village.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SionnanH

Thank you for saying we were the probably the nicest place in Big Bear. As you mentioned in your post, we are always trying to make improvements to the property. We hope you will come back and see them when we are done.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I would just like to say that I hope my daughter or son will consider this beautiful location for their wedding, I was a so impressed with everything as a guest of the wedding. iIf you would like a outdoor wedding in Big Bear I would totally consider this location! :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
MarinaBBL, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

We are so glad you had a nice time. The Marina Resort is a unique venue. Hopefully, your family will be back soon with their own special day.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed here with two other families and had a nice stay. We enjoyed the BBQ area and made a wonderful dinner our first night. Our friends were in 301 and had a full kitchen so we were able to cook a great meal. The ping pong, volleyball and horseshoe area were great and kept the teenagers and adults entertained. We stayed in a king room on the top floor and had a great view of the lake. Room was comfortable but the bathroom shower was a challenge if you are tall. The staff when we tried to checked in did not seem thrilled to be at work and I felt I was bothering the women and our room was not ready. When we came back to check in later the gentlemen was nicer but again not the most friendly person. The staff in the morning was much nicer and seemed happy to be at work. Overall a nice stay and a great location for the Marina and Village. We would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
MarinaBBL, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for the four star review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and our amenities. We will work harder next time to make it five stars for you.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My stay wasn't perfect but I give it four stars because no place is perfect and when all was said and done management made it right. I arrived at 3 o'clock check in time for for a 4 o'clock wedding and was told the room wasn't ready. Krystal at the front desk was less than understanding about my frustration and gave me a "sucks for you" attitude. I was told to come back in 20 minutes and when I asked about getting changes I was pointed to the porta johns. Luckily I knew someone who was already staying at the resort that let us get ready in their room. On our way to the ceremony my husband tried to check in again ~3:45, room still isn't ready. He attempted a third time between the ceremony and the reception and again not ready. On the fourth attempted at 745 we finally got the keys to a room. My husband comes back and says he thinks the room doesn't have A/C (this man sweating just standing up). Our friends assume him that it has A/C and that he must have overlooked it. I do a quick search of their website and my e-mail reservation to ensure the room comes with A/C and yep it states A/C for the room we booked. We arrive at the room after 11 and can not locate any A/C. I call the front desk and sure enough we have the ONLY room in the hotel without it. The person at the front desk apologizes and states that someone should have informed us when we checked in and offered us a fan. I asked the managers name and was told he'd be there in the morning and the employee actually spoke very highly of him which I took as a plus. How many worker bees actual have something nice to say about their boss? In the morning I speak with Robert Manning who is kind and understanding. He states its a small business and they are very busy and asks me what I would like as far as compensation. We work it out and he tells Krystal to refund me. Oh Krystal who has no business working in customer service states she can't and even after someone assures her she can she still won't, another employee comes over to help thankfully because this girl was not going to do what her manager just instructor her to. My friends asked her the day before if she knew of any hiking in the area and her response "hiking isn't my thing". Lovely.

The room minus the A/C was wonderful, beautiful rustic furniture, a comfy bed, fridge/microwave. The room did have a ceiling fan that went at warp speed and left us with some serious chapped lips in the am but it was a better then sweating to death. I was informed that the A/C can't be put in this room due to structural issues and I'm guessing most of the year it isn't needed. The view of the water was great and we had a sitting area outside. It looked as though a lot of people were staying at this place for long periods of time.

I read a lot of the negative reviews after the A/C issue and I think the key is talking to the right people. I encountered three worker during my visit, 2 were great and 1 was no but was enough to leave a slight bad taste in mouth. Trying to be even a little understanding at check in would have gone a long way.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sdblue
MarinaBBL, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

We are so sorry to hear about your recent frustrations during your stay. Please know these issues have been addressed and we thank you for bringing them to our attention.