Marina Resort
Big Bear Frontier(Big Bear Lake)(Great Value!)
$81
$79
Best Western Big Bear Chateau(Big Bear Region)(Great Value!)
$89
$225
$203
Golden Bear Cottages Resort(Big Bear Region)(Great Value!)
$150
Hotels.com
Noon Lodge at Mallard Bay(Big Bear Lake)(Great Value!)
$156
Robinhood Resort(Big Bear Lake)(Great Value!)
$57
Hotels.com
Eagle's Nest Bed and Breakfast Lodge(Big Bear Lake)(Great Value!)
$116
Cozy Hollow Lodge(Big Bear Region)(Great Value!)
$81
$71
Orbitz.com
Cathy's Country Cottages(Big Bear City)(Great Value!)
$74
TripAdvisor
Fireside Lodge(Big Bear Region)
$119
TripAdvisor
All reviewsview of the laketop floorbig bear lakeremodeled roomboat rentalswalking distance to the villagetwo double bedsfantastic locationwalls are thingreat roomsnow summitping pongpool and jacuzzirestaurants and shopspine knotnice fireplaceceiling fan
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I went to Big Bear for a quick getaway for our anniversary. We chose this resort based on it's location and that was the only good thing about this resort.

Pros:
- Location; can walk to the Village
- The views from the balcony were amazing!

Cons:
- The bathroom had a weird smell
- There were ants in the room
- The service was OK- the staff at the front desk was not very friendly
- No microwave
- Had to carry our own luggage upstairs

I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BKS28
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We arrived in Big Bear early, letting the staff know we had arrived but not expecting to check in yet. At 3:20 we checked and we're told our room was almost ready. So we waited while the young kids with headphones wandered back and forth. At 4:00 I had to use the restroom but did not want to slow their process in any way, I was directed to some "fancy" portables.
The rooms were nice and the view was perfect. The location is also perfect, close to marina, bars, and the village where there are many choices for cuisine.
A wedding was going on, which I loved the idea, until it got later and we wanted to relax by the lake. The music was so very loud and the MC was shouting and the people screaming back, kind of ruined the relaxing experience for us.
Overall, the location and the view makes up for the not excellent qualities.

Room Tip: King rooms seem to be more newly renovated than the doubles
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank muffinjen
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I attended a family wedding in May and were thrilled with our accommodations. The room (upstairs, main building) was very attractive, clean and modern with a rustic feel. The bed was incredibly comfortable. Fantastic view of the lake which all the rooms seemed to have. Heating for the room is provided by a built-in fireplace which really added to the atmosphere. During the weekend we visited other family member's rooms (upstairs and downstairs, all in the main building) which were all furnished just like ours and also had great views. Of course, the upstairs rooms have a less obstructed view of the lake due to the pool, patio furniture, etc. But all windows face the lake whether you are upstairs or down. The staff was friendly and helpful with everything needed. We simply could not have had a better experience at this resort. We definitely look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in main building (was not aware of an extension property) Upstairs has less obstructed view of lake but all rooms face the lake. Be sure and enjoy the fireplace!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2012

First let me say that we chose this hotel based on its room blocks made by the bride and groom of the wedding we attended. On the positive side, the rooms are all lakeside which provided for our beautiful view. It was also nice to have a DVD player for the kids as well as a mini fridge to store a few items. If I were to stay at this hotel again, however, I would think twice or insist that I stay in the main building.

While my husband made the actual reservations, I was surprised when our reserved room--a king bed and a pull out--was only meant to comfortably sleep 3 people, while we needed a room for four. The pull out couch was actually a single, not a full size bed, which all other hotels we've stayed at have. (I guess that's what happens when you assume). Because the hotel was booked, we weren't able to change rooms (and no other options were offered by the front desk), so my husband slept in the king bed with our two young children (yes, three to a bed) and I slept on the pull out bed.

The beds are their own story. The pull out cot was in horrible condition. While pull outs are typically not the most comfortable, this one was particularly thin and every spring could be felt when lying on it. A top and bottom sheet were provided, but the closet only had one blanket and no pillow or pillow case. They provided one when asked, however. The king bed was just as run down. Although generally more comfortable, it sagged on one side so it always looked as if my son was about to fall out of bed as he slept. Plus, the fitted sheet was too small and not deep enough, so it never stayed on the bed, pulling from the top of the bed and bringing the mattress pad (a literal pad with no material with elastic) with it. And all the bedding generally looked dated, old and unclean.

The room itself was likely supposed to feel like a woodsy cabin, and we were not expecting luxury accommodations. The rustic feel is lovely, all the way down to the flowered wallpaper in the bathroom (some of which was peeling from away from the baseboards). However, for the money, I would have expected it to be less run down, feel cleaner, and at least have comfortable beds. Also, you can hear voices and footsteps from the rooms above.

While the rooms in the main building looked small, they had just as beautiful a view AND had closer access to the other hotel amenities: the pool, deck, a small playground, and a beach. If I were to stay at this hotel again, I would insist on the main building and avoid the Forest Shores extension. But I'm still undecided about staying here again...

Room Tip: Try the main building instead.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Marina resort. The staff was friendly, and loved our balcony with a lake view. The resort is a rustic log design which fits the area. Our room was a little small, but clean, with everything we needed.

Room Tip: The second floor balcony's are smaller, but are more private. You can walk right out to the beach from the first floor patio's. We didn't have kids with us, so we enjoyed the privacy of the second floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple