“Great place to go”
other travelers have booked this property
HOLLOWAYS MARINA 60 INCH FLAT SCREEN TV / FIREPLACE / LIVING ROOM DOWNSTAIRS
60 INCH FLAT SCREEN TV / FIREPLACE / LIVING ROOM DOWNSTAIRS
DOWNSTAIRS COUCH VIEWS OUT THE FRONT
FULL KITCHEN DOWNSTAIRS
BACKYARD DECK GREAT FOR ENTERTAINING WALKS DOWN TO BBQ AND LOWER YARD
BACKYARD GRANITE / BUILT IN BARBEQUE IN LOWER YARD.
FRONT DECK
MOTOCROSS / DIRT BIKE
SOLAR OBSERVATORY
SHOPPING IN THE VILLAGE
MUSEUM
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Isabel Cr...
“Great place to go”
Reviewed April 18, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

This cabin was amazing and bigger than we expected. The beds were comfy, the decor was nice and was just an all around great place to stay. Jim & sherry were very accommodating and I fully recommend this to anyone who wants a nice quiet area to spend time in big bear. Will definitely be going back sometime!

May 1, 2018
THANK YOU ISABEL, IT WAS OUR PLEASURE TO HAVE YOU AS OUR GUESTS. WE ALWAYS LOVE TO HEAR OF THE GOOD TIMES PEOPLE HAVE AT OUR PLACE. YOU ARE WELCOME BACK ANYTIME!
Moni L
“GREAT PLACE FOR A GROUP OF FRIENDS OR FAMILY!”
Reviewed February 20, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

We were a group of 10 friends and it was a perfect sleeping arrangement, bathrooms, area to BBQ and hang out. We drove a few miles to Snow summit and local entertainment, also Uber was available to pick us up from the house when needed. Keep in mind your renting a house not a Hotel or Timeshare therefor bring all the extra necessities. The house had central heating and a chimney to keep us warm. I received instruction by the owner that came in handy, Hwy 38 was the best route for me to take a few curves but nothing crazy and no steep hills to get to the property.

Your age range 25-34
Mar 5, 2018
THANKS MONICA IT'S ALWAYS NICE TO HEAR THAT OUR GUESTS ENJOYED OUR PROPERTY AS WE DO. GROUPS LIKE YOUR ARE WONDERFUL AND WE WELCOME YOU BACK ANYTIME!
Stephanie...
“Very spacious adn comfortable”
Reviewed February 6, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

The place was very spacious. Great for large groups. We had some trouble with the cable and internet, but they were very responsive and helpful as soon as I contacted them about it. Thank you!

Feb 9, 2018
HI STEPH, I'M GLAD YOU ENJOYED YOUR STAY. SORRY WE HAD A POWER OUTAGE FOR A FEW MINUTES THAT EFFECTED THE CABLE AND INTERNET. I'M GLAD WE WERE ABLE TO GET SPECTRUM TO IMMEDIATELY REMEDY THIS SITUATION FOR YOU.
TAKE CARE AND WE HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN.
A TripAdvisor Member
“We had a wonderful time but we did encounter a few minor issues.”
Reviewed November 29, 2017 for a stay in November 2017
people found this review helpful

I want to start off by saying that we just loved our stay, First year spending Thanksgiving in Big Bear but definitely not the last. Jim was great at communicating and replying promptly to all my emails. The location was perfect, away from everything but close enough to hop in your car and take a 15 minute drive to a grocery store or to the Village. The house itself is very roomy with a very cozy feel. The rooms were spacious. I really enjoyed our walks in the morning, very quiet neighborhood. The kids enjoyed it very much.
Now I am not one to complain when I go away and stay at a hotel or in this case rental home, I don't expect to have all the comforts of home, however there were a few things I would like to bring up in hopes that it will help the next family that decides to stay here.
Wifi was super slow, and the TV cable in the loft never worked during our stay. We didn't mind it too much but it would have been nice if it actually did work since we had little ones that wanted to watch cartoons. I think the cleaning service could have been better, My husband was rocking on the recliners in the living space and we found old food crumbs, same thing underneath the beds. Also we found a black widow and spider webs in the room on the main floor right above the TV. Now the next thing I had read on a previous review, and I have to agree that the mattresses in the loft have to get replaced, I mean you could feel the springs. The last thing which is not really a complaint since Jim did warn me but I think it would be nice to offer a few more pots and pans so that whoever is renting doesn't have to travel with such big items.
Overall we had a great time and we just made it work, We didn't go out there to see what we could find to complain about, these are just things that I believe are easy fixes.

Dec 11, 2017
THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME KNOW ABOUT THE EASY FIXES. I WISH YOU WOULD HAVE TOLD ME RATHER THAN WAITING FOR YOUR REVIEW.
I WILL GET ON THESE LITTLE THINGS ASAP.
NEXT TIME YOU PLAN TO COME UP THE PLACE WILL BE IN TIP TOP SHAPE FOR YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Weekend at a Great Place”
Reviewed November 27, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

First off, if you're looking for a spacious place on a budget this is the place for you! Myself and a group of about 10 friends stayed at this cabin back in June and had an absolute blast! It was close enough to the city where we could go out and enjoy some of the activities Big Bear has to offer but also far enough away where we could all enjoy a break from the hustle and bustle and enjoy each others company. Wether you're looking to have a weekend with the family or looking to gather with some friends and have a weekend get away, the place is extremely accommodating for both. Jim, the owner, was especially accommodating to my group and I's unique circumstances and was always quickly available to answer questions and concerns. I definitely plan on renting from Jim in the near future.

Nov 28, 2017
OUR GOAL IS FOR YOU TO ENJOY YOURSELVES AND WANT COME BACK AGAIN. I LOOKS LIKE WE DID OUR JOB AND WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU BACK ANYTIME!
Ruben L G
“Memorable stay”
Reviewed November 23, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

The owners are good people, they respond quickly to your questions and provide good communication. A few minor items that should be addressed are, gas BBQ grill, only 2 of 4 burners are working and the contract stipulates the rental is for 10 people but rental discription states it sleeps up 13 people. Just something the owner and future renters should be aware of to make sure both parties are aware and make proper arrangements. Overall the place is in a nice location and the cabin is nice.

Dec 6, 2017
i appreciate you letting me know about the bbq burners. i will get right on the replacements. your rental contract was made out for 10 people because that is the amount of people you told us you would have. the property does sleep up to 15 people actually but we like to limit it to 13.
we are glad you enjoyed our property and you are welcome back anytime.
Reviewed August 4, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Your age range 35-49
Aug 5, 2017
HI YOLANDA, WE ARE GLAD YOU ENJOYED OUR PROPERTY AND WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU AND YOU FAMILY BACK ANYTIME. THANKS, JIM
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing