“Beautiful house, fabulous location, everything...”
other traveler has booked this property

Review of Ursa Manor

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
AKPtravel...
San Diego, CA
“Beautiful house, fabulous location, everything you need for a mountain getaway in Big Bear”
Reviewed January 21, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

Thank you for a wonderful vacation! My husband and I stayed with our two boys (ages 10 and 6) in this vacation home for a week in January during the high season for skiing. I can't tell you about the experience of the other traveler(s) who reviewed this property, but the place was very clean and the owners clearly pay attention to detail. I am a luxury hotel guest most often when I travel, and I have pretty picky standards, so when I say I really enjoyed my stay here, I really mean it. My 10 year old walked in and said it was "epic!" Yes, a few things in the kitchen could use an update but everything, including the oven and dishwasher, was fully functional during our stay, especially the brand new, super clean jacuzzi which was lovely for us after a day on the slopes. Very close (a short walk even) to the snow tubing hill, less than 10 minutes drive to the ski resorts, and the Village, restaurants, shops, grocery stores, bowling, hiking, anything you'd want to do on a mountain vacation. Wood burning fire place, billiards table and foosball were all a MUST and a BIG HIT for our kids. Cable TV, heating and WiFi worked without any issues. More than enough room for the four of us, we easily could have fit another family with us if we'd been traveling with others. Highly recommend!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Krystle M
Cathedral City, California
“Great stay with a few kinks”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

The cabin had everything we were looking for. We traveled with another couple who had a four year old and my husband and I have a one year old. There were three bedrooms (two bedrooms had queen beds and one had a bunk bead). The bunk bead room was perfect for our friend's four year old and the master bedroom was perfect for us because it had a huge walk in closet that we put our son's pac 'n play in when he slept and napped. We also loved that the cabin had a jicuzzi and washer and dryer. My only real major complaint is that the cabin itself was kind of dirty (badly stained carpets and dining chairs, as well as dingy bath towels, hand towels, and wash cloths. I understand that this is somebody's vacation rental, but these things are just routine upkeep things. I was actually disappointed at how dirty the carpets and chairs were. I made it a point to report it to the company we rented it from, so that we didn't lose our deposit at the end of our stay because they would think it was us that made the stains. Another issue we encountered was that the oven would not stay on consistently. We made both bacon and brownies in it during our stay and the cook times were much longer than normal because we had to keep turning the oven back on. We also had issues with our Wi-Fi connection. We called the company we rented from and they sent someone over to fix the problem promptly. Other than these few hiccups, we really enjoyed the cabin. It was large enough for four adults and two children and met our needs well. We would rent this cabin again, I just wish the owners would have the carpets deep cleaned and replace the old towels with fresh new ones.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The jicuzzi & space that the cabin offered
Liked least: Very dirty carpets, towels, and dining chairs
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing