“WARING you must call ahead and make reservations. Cook was rude.”
Review of Madlon's - CLOSED

Madlon's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Didn't get to enjoy the food. The atmosphere was beautiful. The staff was rude. Remember to make ur res first. Woman on the phone was uninformative. Atmosphere was great and I loved the no cell phones answered inside sign.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I went up the weekend prior to Memorial Day weekend and I'm very surprised by the most recent "bad review" right before ours. We asked plenty of friends to recommend places to eat, but my own research led me to Madlon's and the great "early bird" special as well as the incredible "brunch menu" with all those amazing flavors of pancakes/waffles and crepes begged for it to be tried. The early bird special was an AMAZING bargain if you can get there early enough. My steak was not thick, but a quality cut of beef and prepared EXACTLY as I asked it to be from the temperature to doing it "pittsburgh style" We were the only ones there for "early bird", and it was nice to have the place to ourselves. The creme brulee for dessert was also wonderful and prepared using real vanilla beans.

We went back for brunch before we went home and let me say that this was just wonderful. The only disappointment was that they didn't have a crab shipment that weekend and had to forego the crab benedict, but the owner was a real gentleman about it and gave us special attention throughout the meal. If you never tried chocoloate pancake batter before, try this one. I have had it in some great places before, but these were my favorite. My girlfriend had the pickle and chipotle ranch waffles which sound disgusting. But, it was a PLEASANT surprise to her and it became one of her favs.

We will go back every time we visit Big Bear and I recommend everyone to try it.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We have tried Madlon’s twice. The food is passable (omelets can be greasy) but far overpriced. The service was bad on one visit and terrible on the other and on that trip we left before our food arrived at 50 minutes waiting. We were generally ignored in a restaurant that was not even full on both visits. During the 50 minutes of our recent the waitress said she’d check on our food and we never saw her again. 20 minutes later, a somewhat creepy older guy also went to check, he didn’t come back! We started to eat snacks we had with us! Later when the old guy was clearing tables I flagged him down and he ruddily told me I would have to just wait. It was then we got up and left. The waitress chased us into the parking lot demanding we pay for a milk that was never touched (and had to have been very warm as it sat during our wait) because the meal for with it was to be paired never arrived. Needless to say this is a place to be avoided at all cost. There are plenty of other places to eat in the area.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Brunch was very nice they had one of the largest selections of crapes i think i have ever seen i would go back again

Reviewed March 17, 2012

We were first told that the potatoes they serve with breakfast were not done yet. So we had to substitute. It was forever waiting, at least an hour in an empty restaurant waiting on our breakfast. Another couple came in and seemed to get better attention than us. The cook came out to talk with them in a tank top, I almost vomited thinking how unsanitary that was cooking! We will never go there again, we had heard it was good, but for the expensive cost, just not worth it. I suggest if the cook enters the dining room, wear something, or better yet, wear it when you cook.

1  Thank Deborah R