“EXCELLENT STAY! Clean & Cozy”
other travelers have booked this property
winter
Spring
summer
summer
view through the windows
featuring a privacy fence on the right
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
emfire11
San Diego, California
“EXCELLENT STAY! Clean & Cozy”
Reviewed January 2, 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

My family and I recently stayed at Chalet Dubois and from the moment we stepped in the first thing that you realize is how clean and well kept the cabin is. It offers that cabin feel with a modern touch. If you're feeling like staying in from the cold, the cabin has ample entertainment with access to netflix, hulu, hbo, etc. Completely satisfied with our stay and I would definitely recommend renting out this cabin.

Traveling group: Extended Family
jayman112...
Twin Lakes, California
“Best Cabin In Big Bear For Up To 6 People”
Reviewed December 2, 2014 for a stay in November 2014

My wife and I are clean freaks, and I must say, this cabin was absolutely spotless! The owners were kind enough to provide us everything we needed, and everything was well beyond our expectations. We rent cabins in Big Bear every Thanksgiving, and when we are done with our stay we usually look at each other and say "that was OK, not going back to this cabin again", except for this time, where we truly feel we found a place we want to return to year after year. All the appliances worked well, the place stayed nice and warm throughout the night, and the hot tub and barbecue were the icing on the cake. Heck, even the neighbors were cool (according to my wife-I did not have the pleasure of speaking to them myself), which is not always the case with a rental next to a year-round resident. Thanks again to the cabin owners for everything, and we will not only be renting this cabin again next year, we're going tell anyone that will listen that if you're going to Big Bear, this cabin is the place to stay.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and overall condition of the cabin.
Liked least: Leaving!
Traveling group: Young Children
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Mr_mrs_st...
“Cozy cabin”
Reviewed November 28, 2014 for a stay in November 2014

We stayed for 4 days and we absolutely loved it. The cabin was incredibly clean and stocked up with everything you need. The hot tub was a plus and the location was close to a lot of shops etc. We also enjoyed the fireplace and playing the xbox. However, there is only one TV in the whole cabin and it would have been nice to have a TV in the main bedroom because not everyone wants to watch the same thing but I guess that's more personal preference. I would recommend it to family and friends. Hopefully we will be back in the Summer :) The owner Rich is also very fast in answering all your questions.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Reviewed September 10, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Traveling group: Friends
Travel0rB...
Los Angeles, California
“Wonderful Getaway!”
Reviewed August 31, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We had a wonderful Labor Day weekend getaway in Big Bear. The cabin was exactly what my husband and small dog needed :) We couldn't have asked for a better experience! I would highly recommend this cabin for a couple or small family looking for a Big Bear vacation.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 8, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The quiet of the area/homey feeling of the cabin
Liked least: The adorable little dogs next door who acted as perfect security alarms
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
MysteryWr...
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Chateau DuBois was everything I could have hoped for”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

I was looking for a retreat where I could relax and work on my current book for 8 days, when I discovered Chateau DuBois on Trip Advisor. The location was wonderful, just a few blocks from the main boulevard where one could find restaurants and a local market within walking distance, but when at the cabin it felt like you were definitely in the country. The accommodations were just as described. Comfortable with a flat screen TV with streaming video, every appliance you could want, and large fenced yards front and back, two generous sized bedrooms and a utility room complete with washer & dryer..

Thanks to the owner for allowing me to bring my dog although as a regular practice it is a no pets rental. I brought his crate and if I had to go away from the cabin, did not allow him to roam around the house even though he is house trained and non-destructive. We took walks among the huge pine trees, kicked back and watched more TV than I would generally watch in a month, and I worked on my book. Cell phone reception was excellent, too.
The owner, Rich, was fantastic. He would get back to me immediately if I had any questions and was extremely easy to deal with. I would definitely stay here again.

The funny part---This is Chateau Dubois, right? One of the characters in the book that I was working on in the Silver Sisters Mystery series is named Godiva Olivia DuBois. Coincidence?? Or, maybe I was supposed to discover this great getaway.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The convenience and tranquil atmosphere.
Liked least: Didn't have any complaints.
Traveling group: Other
Your age range 65+
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing